Telecommunications Network Engineer
Jacksonville, FL US
About the Client:
Our client is a multinational telecommunications company that offers extensive global communication services.
About the Role:
Seeking a Telecom Network Engineer to design, implement, and maintain telecommunications infrastructure for optimal connectivity, ensuring seamless data and voice communication. This role requires network optimization and issue resolution expertise to deliver reliable communication solutions.
- Guarantee the full operability of the building infrastructure equipment, keeping the maintenance of the Station updated, according to the established procedures.
- Assure the excellent quality of the services provided by the contractors to the Station (to the transmission equipment, Power equipment, Air Conditioning) and terrestrial optical telecommunication providers.
- Take part in the tests for new equipment installation and acceptance in the Cable Station.
- Follow the contractors during new infrastructure being installed in the Station.
- Perform maintenance tasks on the submarine equipment in the station.
- Follow the contractor during the cable route maintenance.
- Check and solve problems with the telemetry monitoring systems.
- Keep control of the assets, equipment Inventory, and the Repair Return procedures for the Equipment.
- Perform tasks of eye and hands in some equipment at the station for other departments.
- Generate Technical Reports.
- Client interaction and customer service skills.
- Must possess understanding of a T1, Protocols TCP/IP, DS3, Ethernet, SDH, SONET
- Knowledge of Tyco, Infinera, Ciena, submarine, DWDM, and SDH equipment.
- At least 2 years of experience working with WAN
- Ability and flexibility to work on nights, weekends, or holidays.
- Technical problem-solving with conformance to established or proposed policies and procedures.
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish in both verbal & written messages.
- Knowledge of Optical fiber and/or submarine communication.
- Knowledge of operation and repair of optical transmission equipment associated with backhaul and submarine communication.
- Knowledge of IP protocols, and routers, will be valuable in Optical fiber and/or submarine communication.
Interested? Apply directly now or call (786) 654-2352 for more information. Questions? Email [email protected] for more information on this role and others.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal-opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com