Miami, FL US
About Our Client:
Our client is a college-preparatory, public boarding school for South Florida students.
About the Role:
Several Teaching Positions are available for middle school and high school educators to start on August 23rd!
- Middle School Reading Teacher
- Middle School Math Teacher
- Middle School Science Teacher
- High School ESE Teacher
- High School Math Teacher
These positions will work collaboratively to prepare students for success in college and the global workforce.
- Collaborate in a positive team environment to:
- Promote and support a middle school program with promotion based upon standards mastery
- Collaborate with fellow staff on student support, planning, professional development, and standards-based curriculum and common assessment design to contribute to the continuous improvement of instruction at the school
- Identify special needs of students and seek additional support, as needed
- Maintain and submit necessary records, progress reports, and grade reports and provide timely and ongoing feedback to students and families regarding student progress
- Participate in faculty meetings, workshops, staff development programs, and other school-sponsored activities
- Participate in summer programming including direct service to incoming and returning youth and curriculum work with colleagues
- Engage in-home visits
- Participate in additional duties to include community meetings, Targeted Instruction, tutoring, o -campus learning, and others as directed by the Academic Coordinator
- All teachers must be Highly Qualified according to the Florida state requirements
- Must have completed an undergraduate degree in their content area or a related content area
- ESOL endorsement (if applicable)
- Grades 6-12 subject area certification
- At least 1-2 years of teaching, preferably with under-served students.
The candidate must possess one of the following:
- Official Statement of Eligibility.
- Temporary Certificate; OR
- Professional Certificate
Will be fingerprinted, and drug tested through Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
COVID-19 Safety Protocol:
Any employee operating from our offices is required to wear a mask or face covering, as recommended by the CDC's safety guidelines - we ask that you please do the same if you have an in-person appointment with our team. An initial questionnaire may be administered before entry is permitted to determine if there is any potential risk. We thank everyone for their cooperation during this time.
*Interviews can be scheduled virtually, please ensure your devices have capabilities to communicate via Skype, FaceTime, Zoom, Google Hangouts, or Microsoft Teams.
Interested? Apply directly now or call (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070) for more information. Questions? Email [email protected].com for more information on this role and others.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal-opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com