Coral Gables, FL US
About the Client:
Our client is an aerospace and aviation manufacturing company.
About the Role:
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the preparation and review of monthly, quarterly & annual financial statements including general ledger entries, account analysis, process improvements, reconciliations, allocations, accruals, and other projects at the request of management. This person may also assist the Controller in reviewing the work of a number of accounting associates in all aspects of accounting including general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Coordinate monthly and year end closings, issue all monthly and year end financial reports and maintain the Company’s chart of accounts.
- Coordinate the reconciliation of account balances at month and year end; including amortization of all prepaid assets.
- Prepares month-end balance sheet review and reconciles any differences for review by Controller.
- Prepares Accounts Receivable report detailing all past dues and balancing G/L to A/R.
- Supervises reconciliation of subsidiary vendor ledger with accounts payable total and G/L balance.
- Reviews outstanding check log for possible abandoned checks.
- Assist the Controller in coordinating the year end audit; working with external auditors’ and preparing the Company’s year-end financial statements.
- Responsible for regulatory filings such as sales and use tax forms, business license renewals, permit filings, etc.
- Assembles analyzes and prepares formal summaries of activity in specific accounts and provides explanations for changes and variances as necessary.
- Administers vendor file maintenance to ensure timely receipt of EIN or SSN numbers, timely issuance of 1099’s at year end and proper identification of vendors and/or transactions subject to use tax.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications such as Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments and employees at all levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines as requested
- Experience with ERP software preferred.
- BS Degree in Accounting
- Minimum (4) years of experience with emphasis on balance sheet account analysis and bank reconciliation.
- Experience in the manufacturing or engineering industry is a plus.
Interested? Apply directly now or call (786) 654-2343 for more information. Questions? Email [email protected] for more information on this role and others.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com