Sales Account Executive
Carson, CA US
About the Client:
Our client is a global logistics and freight forwarding company offering tailored supply chain solutions globally, specializing in air and sea freight as well as road transportation.
About the Role:
The Sales Executive is responsible for bringing in new accounts within assigned territories. This role is also responsible for maximizing sales growth from existing customers through the development of new sales, product marketing, and customer support strategies; and achieving specific volume growth targets in the assigned areas of the business.
- Act as the single point of contact for solutions and service sales across all Product areas, especially Air Freight and Ocean Freight, within the assigned territory and customer base.
- Aggressively obtain new local customers through sales "hunting" activity, developing relationships, and correctly assessing the prospective account in order to secure business.
- Build customer portfolio in alignment with the needs and capabilities of the local branch Product and Operations Leaders.
- Perform all aspects of the sales process and input & update all relevant activities utilizing CRM daily (required).
- Conduct mutually agreed Quarterly Business Reviews with the customer and maintain close/ongoing communication with customer and operations to ensure expectations are satisfied.
- Report to management regularly on market development and customer trends and activities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered in lieu of an educational requirement.
- Requires a minimum of 4-5 years of field sales in freight forwarding or two years of operational experience.
- Experience with logistics processes, systems, and solutions.
- Knowledge of CRM systems is a plus, and basic PC knowledge along with Microsoft Office applications experience is a minimum.
- Strong written and oral professional communication skills.
- Customer relations experience required
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills are a must.
- Must be an ambitious self-starter who can be flexible in the face of ambiguity
- Good problem-solving and negotiation skills are critical
- Ability to travel in-territory 50% or more and valid driver’s license required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Email, and Internet – proficiency with Excel required.
Interested? Apply directly now or call (954) 549-1071 for more information. Questions? Email [email protected] for more information on this role and others.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal-opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com