Miami (Blue Lagoon), FL US
About the Role:
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for ensuring a continuous supply of assigned products at the best cost to the organization's client restaurant system.
Principal accountabilities include negotiating with suppliers for each product which includes volume commitments and the development of the best overall supply matrix that provides the best-landed product cost at each assigned distribution center; reviewing, evaluating, and recommending suppliers in order to manage the best overall supply base for the restaurant system; developing, proposing and implementing short and long term strategies to ensure the continued success and growth of the organization and its commitment to be “The best Purchasing entity in the industry”.
- Managing relationships with client restaurant corporation.
- Managing relationships with assigned suppliers.
- Providing a continuous supply of competitively priced products on a regular and timely basis.
- Negotiating with suppliers for each assigned product category. This includes the development of supply matrixes that provide for the best-landed product cost at each assigned distribution center.
- Negotiating and executing the terms of the agreement between the organization and suppliers for new and existing products.
- Developing Supply Agreements and accurately capturing negotiated pricing provisions into the related contract exhibit(s).
- Creating applicable pricing review schedules within organization supply systems, independently running-related formulas, and uploading documentation consistent with Pricing Procedure outlined in Operations Manual.
- Monitoring pricing compliance and ensuring completion of all pricing review requirements; ensuring full transparency related to modifications, discrepancies, and/or errors.
- Developing and implementing objectives for assigned product categories.
- Establishing and monitoring vendor capacity/distribution capabilities to ensure that all quality, cost, and service expectations are met.
- Conducting regular performance, business, and financial reviews of those suppliers that have an existing supply agreement or of those which are being considered as a new supplier to the client restaurant system.
- Working with the Promotions Planning department to ensure a new product from rollout or a successful inventory depletion of an existing product.
- Creating production schedules for promotional and/or new product activity and monitoring of supplier production on weekly basis.
- Creating timelines for promotional and/or new product activity to obtain necessary concurrence and support.
- Participating in development teams with client restaurant corporation and organization to facilitate the introduction of new products to the client system.
- Communicating marketing activities to appropriate suppliers.
- A four-year degree is required. A masters' degree is a plus.
- Must have at least four to six years of direct and relevant work experience.
- Must have strong negotiation skills and contract management skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, and as a member of a team, ability to identify problems and develop solutions, detail-oriented and computer literate in the MS Office environment (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
COVID-19 Safety Protocol:
Any employee operating from our offices is required to wear a mask or face covering, as recommended by the CDC's safety guidelines - we ask that you please do the same if you have an in-person appointment with our team.
An initial questionnaire may be administered before entry is permitted to determine if there is any potential risk. We thank everyone for their cooperation during this time.
*Interviews can be scheduled virtually, please ensure your devices have capabilities to communicate via Skype, FaceTime, Zoom, Google Hangouts, or Microsoft Teams.
Interested? Apply directly now or call (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070) for more information. Questions? Email [email protected] for more information on this role and others.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com