Seeking a Portfolio Manager to work in conjunction with the Commercial Loan Manager primarily in the management of the commercial loan portfolio under his responsibility, which includes; income producing properties in various industries, commercial loans, multifamily loans and other types of commercial loans secured by real estate collateral or other collateral.
Responsibilities include, goals, cross sell of all Bank products, and maintaining a high quality and profitable loan portfolio.
- Responsible for approved types of Commercial loans, including Commercial Real Estate loans, and follow the Bank's lending goals, policies and procedures.
- Interview and counsel existing and prospective customers, on commercial loans and commercial mortgage loans, explain and discuss available options and programs; obtaining financial information and documentation, cross-sell Bank's financial services or products. Respond to daily inquires from customers on lending programs, prospective loan packages, meet prospective borrowers, and review loan packages.
- Provide assistance and guidance to Commercial loan processor(s) and Commercial Pre-closing staff on processing and closing issues.
- Coordinate the loan processing of commercial loans and real estate mortgage loan applications under the loan officer's responsibility.
- Maintain and supervise that communication with borrowers and their representatives regarding property/credit/underwriting and processing issues.
- Underwrite and analyze commercial loan packages based on lending programs, evaluating and reviewing and reviewing the loan documentation, appraisal and environmental reports; assure that the loan package complies with credit, underwriting standards and lending policies.
- Prepare and/or assist in the completion of Loan Presentations, including credit and collateral analysis, debt service ratios; Loan Contingencies. The lending officer must inform the Commercial Loan Department Manager of any material risk factor, discrepancy or deviation discovered during the loan processing, underwriting, credit analysis, due diligence, appraisal, environmental, etc.
- Prepare Greenlight Memorandums, CAM Request, and CAM Amendments as required to help facilitate the underwriting process.
- Compliance with several laws and regulations (i.e. RESPA, HMDA-LAR ECOA, FCRA, Flood D.P.A., C.R.A., Fair Housing Act and Fair Lending, OF AC, U.S. Patriot Act, etc.).
- Supervise, review and sign commitment letters and other administrative-finance issues and operational matters. Also, the officer is responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the underwriting and analysis and commitment letter.
- Monitor loan closing, discuss with attorney/closing agents title and contingency problems and other related closing issues.
- Assist in the loan production and other lending related matters, including but not limited to loan collection and foreclosure, annual audits, internal audits as the government regulators examination.
- Process and recommend loan assumptions and/or loan refinance through loan modifications. Also, administer and supervise construction loans, if assigned.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com.
- Knowledge of marketing, credit analysis and lending practices with a minimum 10 years of experience in a financial institution or related business or a Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or business.
- Understanding of laws, rules and regulations affecting the banking/lending industry.
- Excellent understanding of financial institution products and services.
- Excellent mathematical, organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent understanding of financial institution operations, products and services.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Attention to details
- Ability to accomplish the above responsibilities through use of computers. Excel Word and other software, and general office equipment.
- Active Driver license is required.
- Able to handle stress