Physician Practice Revenue Support Coordinator
Miami (Kendall), FL
Seeking a Physician Practice Revenue Support Coordinator for an excellent opportunity in the Miami, FL area. This role will be primarily responsible for helping organize and improve work flow and providing billing and/or claims management support to the Physician Practice Management team.
Some responsibilities include:
- Perform various office related duties i.e. answering telephones as needed, faxing and/or scanning documents, maintain files and opening/sorting internally routed mail.
- Responsible for returned mail processes, including documenting status in practice management application and researching data utilizing hospital-based applications (NetAccess, SMS/invision), and contacting patients as needed.
- Review claims registered under Charity and Medicaid pending to identify and document those meeting established criteria.
- Notate accounts appropriately and works closely with management to ensure appropriate and timely approval and adjustment processes are met.
- Review bills and supporting documentation to ensure accurate timely charge entry.
- Assist with the resolution of the aged AR from alternate billing companies, including but not limited to account updates and posting of unapplied cash.
- Ensure that accounts on hold and pending corrections are addressed consistently to ensure timely filing.
- Work with patient accounts and payors to assist with collections follow up.
- Work closely with practice and physician support team to provide appropriate communication and education to ensure claims data inquiries are addressed appropriately.
- Assist claims team with the review and processing of patient refunds and credit balances to ensure account balances are adjudicated appropriately and timely.
- Assist with reporting on credit balance trends and issues and monitor volume data by practice.
- Download data from the practice management application and prepare reports in excel.
- Responsible for gathering and summarizing data as needed for presentations, tracking trends, and internal reporting. Provide support to revenue manager with monthly and quarterly reports.
- Assist in daily monitoring of bank lockbox and systems related to.
- Responsible for researching PIF checks not deposited and credit card payments not posted coming through the lockbox.
- Perform initial steps to investigate and resolve credit card denials through timely research and communication with practices, patients and credit card companies.
- Responsible for registering eligible payers with EFT and ERA and the continuous revision of them, as necessary. Work closely with the revenue teams to ensure that registration was completed correctly, and payments and notices are transmitting successfully.
- Maintain operational knowledge of departmental equipment (telephones, computer terminals, faxes, scanners, copy machines etc.
Interested? APPLY DIRECTLY NOW or give us a call at (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070) Questions about this role or others? Email email@example.com
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com.
- 2 years relevant work experience
- Proficient in computer applications Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving and communication skills.
- Organized, detail oriented with previous experience in a health care setting.
- Knowledgeable in physician billing, regulatory, and compliance guidelines.
- Knowledge of coding and charge entry (Preferred)
- Experience with hospital-based software, NextGen (Preferred)