Network and Help Desk Manager (HYBRID ROLE)
Miramar, FL US
About the Role:
The Network & Help Desk Manager will work as a strategic partner for business units - implementing, maintaining, and servicing all IT network and communications infrastructure of the credit union.
This role will lead a team of four IT professionals and manage IT infrastructure including business and production systems with 24x7 uptime requirements. Will be responsible for managing the infrastructure team and troubleshooting issues related to software, hardware, devices, servers, networks, systems security, and database administration.
- Provides leadership and supervision to the four members of the team, ensuring that appropriate skilled resources are in place to meet required service levels.
- Provide IT support that meets the Service Standards and achieve annual goals that are established through the Performance Management Process.
- Responsible for designing, specifying, configuring, installing, and maintaining LAN/WAN hardware, software, and telecommunications equipment. Manage network & IT infrastructure for headquarters, branches and disaster recovery locations.
- Responsible for overall system and infrastructure availability and develop a resilient infrastructure to reduce failures.
- Monitor the health of Enterprise Infrastructure, Platform, and Applications that are hosted on premise and in the cloud environment, utilizing tools & technologies, to detect failures and degradations.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures and best practices related to network hardware, server, device, and software, implementation, use, support, security, and backup.
- Drive quality into metrics and build reports focused on improvement. This includes measurement of project plans, deployment schedules, KPI’s and adherence to SLA’s for support tickets and accuracy.
- Provide written protocols and guidance to staff.
- Consults with other managers or IT staff to develop system solutions consistent with organizational objectives including researching and evaluating new technologies as appropriate.
- Provides technical support and guidance to Service Desk staff.
- In coordination with IT Planning Lead, develop and implement plans for replacement of infrastructure at end of life.
- Direct involvement in incidents or problems irrespective of priority that cause service impact and acts as escalation point for incidents not being resolved in a timely manner.
- Works with the help desk team to set SLA criteria for the availability and performance of the IT infrastructure.
- Oversee all aspects of Information Technology Service Management (ITSM), including help desk and technical support services.
- Identifies opportunities to simplify IT helpdesk operations through continuous improvement initiatives.
- Create and draft reports for presentations, weekly/monthly status reports and updates, outage reports.
- Maintain up to date hardware and application inventory to facilitate lifecycle management.
- Responsible for applying server and workstation patches according to defined patch cycle procedures and zero day vulnerability patching.
- Coordinate, test and install software upgrades, and new hardware deployment adhering to existing policy.
- Collect and analyze network and system performance/utilization information and develop strategies to improve network/system performance.
- Provide both technical and ‘soft skill’ mentoring in order to maintain a well-rounded, well-balanced team.
- Coordinate vendor relations with IT Planning lead to research, recommend, negotiate and administer IT vendor relations, consultant contracts, and service agreements.
- Oversees the maintenance of hardware and software at the company's disaster recovery site and provides technical support for disaster recovery testing
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 8+ years of related experience in IT Infrastructure management, Network Operations, and Helpdesk management
- Desired IT-related certifications, MCSA, CCNA, CCA, VCP VMware, and ITIL V3.
- Demonstrated capacity related to IT Systems administration & monitoring (Network, Compute, OS, Storage, Databases, and Web Applications), Event Management, Impact analysis & problem-solving skills to recover or minimize the impact on production and customers.
- Strong experience in disaster recovery and Cloud-based Infrastructure & Application is preferred.
- Proven knowledge of IT Operations, ITIL framework, strategic planning and execution, project management, and best practices implementation.
- 5+ years of successfully managing a team with a passion for leading and developing individuals to meet their highest level of potential.
- Strong technical knowledge of telecommunications, MPLS networks, CISCO, network infrastructure, switches, and routers.
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, with emphasis on Windows Server 2016-2019, Linux Redhat, Unix, Dell PowerStore SAN technology, and VMware virtualization technology.
- Strong technical knowledge of Active Directory (Design, Security, and Administration)
- Strong technical knowledge of Messaging (MS Exchange, Archiving, Unified Communications)
- Good understanding of Powershell scripting (Desirable)
- Previous experience in production environment with Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, and VPN tunnel applications.
- Experience with Zoho Manage Engine tools and applications is a plus
- Experience with Netbrain Software application is a plus
- Demonstrated project management skills, PMP certification a plus.
COVID-19 Safety Protocol:
Our offices are currently operating at a reduced capacity with our team splitting their time in-office and at home. Our company guidelines currently state that all vaccinated persons may enter the office un-masked (vaccination proof may be required). Persons who remain unvaccinated or who wish to continue mask use may enter with face-covering on (one may be provided for you if needed). Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
*Interviews will be scheduled virtually, please ensure your devices have capabilities to communicate via Skype, FaceTime, Zoom, Google Hangouts, or Microsoft Teams.
Interested? Apply directly now or call (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070) for more information. Questions? Email [email protected] for more information on this role and others.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com