Pembroke Pines, FL
Our client is a leading certified provider of cost containment and medical risk management solutions in the South Florida area. This organization has been a pioneer in the delivery of managed care and cost containment services to many of the world’s leading insurance and assistance companies while setting the industry standard for quality customer service, medical management, and competent claims administration
We are seeking a Medical Coder who will review, analyze and assure the final diagnosis and procedure as stated by the participating providers are valid and complete. This role will be primarily responsible for accurately reviewing codes, office, and hospital procedures for providers to ensure proper reimbursement.
*This is a 3 month assignment.
- Performing coding work requiring independent judgment with speed and accuracy
- Examining international claims and medical records to assign ICD-10 codes for all diagnoses, treatments and procedures based on classification system for inpatient/outpatient encounters
- Ability to abide by confidentiality of all HIPPA and PHI guidelines
- Able to consistently meet all productivity and quality metrics while working under pressure due to the diversity of clients
- Performs with exceptional knowledge of inpatient and outpatient coding as well as modifiers and HCPCS
Interested? Apply directly now or give us a call at (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070) Questions about this role or others? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience using medical coding with CCS certification with a firm grasp of ICD-10 and CPT coding
- Comprehension of federal laws and regulations affecting coding requirements
- Knowledge of medical records review and ability to translate into ICD- 10 Coding
- Extensive knowledge of official coding conventions and rules established by the American Medical Association (AMA), and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for assignment of diagnostic and procedural codes