Doral, FL US
About the Role:
Our client, a major medical group in the South Florida area, is seeking a Mammography Technologist for a position in their Doral location. The Mammography Technologist will be responsible for performing a variety of technical activities associated with the performance of screening and diagnostic mammography procedures.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving the operation of mammographic radiographic equipment and other equipment/devices as appropriate. Position patients, using immobilization when necessary. Calculate exposure factors, and assist physicians.
- Perform the quality control functions related to mammography.
- Evaluate radiographs for diagnostic quality obtaining additional images as needed.
- Prepare and set up medical supplies using aseptic techniques if appropriate. Explain procedures to patients.
- Develop mammographic film. Match with the appropriate paperwork for interpretation.
- Assist in the maintenance and compilation of statistical data.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing all breast imaging procedures, including breast interventional procedures and ultrasound.
- Act in a team leader capacity on a routine basis.
- Monitor mammography section procedures and supply charges to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work therein.
- ARRT certification in radiography
- ARRT advanced certification in mammography
- BLS certification
- 1 year of experience preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Graduate of a 24-month AMA-approved School of Radiologic Technology
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, organizational skills, meeting deadlines, initiative, and process improvement
- Ability to independently perform complicated and multiple tasks with minimal direction
- Ability to interpret and communicate results
- Able to identify and resolve routine and complex problems
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills by email, phone, and in person
Interested? Apply directly now or call (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070) for more information. Questions? Email [email protected] for more information on this role and others.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal-opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com