About the Client:
Our client is a reputable, leading HVAC distributor and manufacturer in the South Florida area.
About the Position:
The Logistics Manger will be responsible for developing and implementing overall logistics strategies, managing risk and ensuring cost effective logistics solutions. The ideal candidate will have experience in both Import and Export areas with ideally 5+ years experience in the international logistics/shipping field.
Responsibilities also include:
- Ensures productivity, costs, accuracy and time line expectations are being met
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves global transportation issues
- Plans and implements improvements to logistics systems and processes
- Manages freight partnerships, schedules and routes
- Create Bills of Lading, Certificates of Origin, AES/SED filings, Import & Export bookings
- 5+ years experience in the international logistics / shipping field preparing international documentation for exporting goods
- Experience with shipping lines, freight forwarders, suppliers and customers
- Experience with inland trucking, rates & quotes
- Familiarity with International Commercial Terms (INCOTERMS) and shipping terms
- Experience in working with airlines, freight forwarders, steamship lines, suppliers and customers
- Must be detail oriented, analytical with a sense of urgency
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing, with department heads, managers, co-workers, shipboard employees and vendors to gather information and resolve basic problems
Interested? Apply directly now or give us a call at (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070) Questions about this role or others? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com.