Winter Garden, FL
About the Client:
Our client is a leading distributor and importer of live plants in the United States with headquarters based in the Winter Garden, FL area.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Lead Grower who will be responsible for organization's entire greenhouse growing operations including irrigation, fertilizer and chemical mixing and application, insect and disease management, and crop timing. The Lead Grower assists the operations manager to plan and oversees the planting, cultivation, and harvesting of all commodities.
Other responsibilities include:
- Supervises a team of Growers to ensure efficient and optimum plant growth
- Analyse records of the day-to-day operations and determine optimum plant efficiencies as well as be familiar with and able to interact with the automated systems within the greenhouses
- Undertake the research and analysis of horticultural problems
- Observes and provides written feedback to help growers improve their current practices in regards to fertilizing, identifying diseases/bacteria, and fertilizing and growing on a weekly basis to be translated into a plan on how the grower may be able to improve
- Develop and maintain a written growing protocol for all plants in facility including irrigation, fertilizer, chemical, insect and disease management, and crop timing and communicate issues with Operations Manager.
- Manage and make final decisions on all plant needs of crops at facilities
- Determine chemical needs, create spray sheets, help with applications, reporting, and inventory
- Recommend weekly application of beneficial insects and pesticide applications when needed
- Maintain records of crop activities and observations, including pesticide applications
- Communicate any cultural plant issues to management immediately
- Keep weekly records of growing times by variety throughout the year
- Maintain growing supply levels/inventory and reorder as needed
- Organize and document trials requested by management
- File pesticide use report and inventories in compliance with the WPS program
Schedule: M/F 7:30AM - 5PM & Sat 7:30AM - 12PM
- Licensed and trained in pesticide applications
- B.S. in Horticulture, or three to five years working as a grower
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form at all levels within the organization
- Experience with training and development of teams
COVID-19 Safety Protocol:
Our offices are currently operating at a reduced capacity with our team splitting their time in-office and at-home. Any employee operating from our offices is required to wear a mask or face covering and will be distanced 6 feet apart, as recommended by the CDC's safety guidelines.
An initial questionnaire will be administered before entry is permitted to determine if there is any potential risk. We thank everyone for their cooperation during this time.
*Interviews will be scheduled virtually, please ensure your devices have capabilities to communicate via Skype, FaceTime, Zoom, Google Hangouts or Microsoft Teams.
Interested? Apply directly now or give us a call today (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070). Questions? Email [email protected] for more information on this role and others.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com