Junior Developer (Data Protection Engineer)
Our client, a Global 100 telecommunications provider who manages integrated fixed, mobile and IT services to some of the world’s top multinational organization is in search of a Junior Developer for their data center operations in Miami. This organization also provides global telecommunication services for fixed and mobile carriers, ISPs and content providers. The organization offers integrated and competitive portfolio for carriers and corporations that includes international voice, IP, bandwidth capacity, satellite services, mobility and global solutions.
The Junior Developer role involves both operational and project-oriented work with the Platform Operations team. It will require a mix of backup administration tasks for enterprise-class infrastructure of Global 100 companies and Developer tasks to automate certain operation jobs. Activities will include supporting the development and maintenance of a customer portal and the ability to create customer reports in liaison with the Reporting Manager.
Some duties include:
- Professional interaction with internal/external customers (via phone, email or other messaging tools).
- Maintain backup server infrastructure, test and promote changes for development, test and production environments.
- Partner with engineering and external applications staff to develop and lead troubleshooting methods for all backup technologies.
- Follow all processes and procedures, while acting on behalf of customers and in the best interest of the company. Must be a self-motivator and fast learner.
- Required for on-call duty or after hours support as needed by the company for emergency and non-emergency conditions when requested by management.
- Work with the reporting manager as requested to automate customer infrastructure reports.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of an in-house developed customer portal.
- Support other areas in the automation of day to day tasks and reports.
Interested? Apply directly now or give us a call at (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070) Questions about this role or others? Email email@example.com
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com.
- Excellent client interaction and customer service skills.
- Hands on experience with at least one of the following backup technologies (EMC Networker, Microfocus Data Protector, Actifio o Veeam Backup)
- Knowledge of physical and virtual tape libraries.
- Knowledge of Unix/Windows System Administration.
- Experienced with TCP/IP network analysis and troubleshooting as it applies to Unix/Windows system administration.
- Strong shell scripting/PERL/Python skills.
- 1 – 3 years of .NET and C# coding experience.