Opa Locka, FL US
About the Client:
Our client is a Miami-based tobacco company.
About the Role:
The Inventory Specialist, through daily, weekly, and monthly routines will execute the inventory transactions on the ERP system (SAP) to the highest level of accuracy. The Inventory Specialist will ensure that work order records are complete, accurate, and compliant. This requires a thorough understanding of the production batch work order process, SAP T-codes, and intermediate-level Excel skills.
A successful inventory specialist will have excellent interpersonal communication skills, a firm grasp of computer programs, and an ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Work independently in a fast-paced, physically and mentally demanding environment.
- Performs Production Order confirmations in the ERP system (SAP) which includes the allocation of materials and quantity consumed utilizing the Bill of Materials (BOM). Responsible for completeness and accuracy of transactions to maintain material batch traceability and integrity.
- Perform move transactions in SAP from various storage locations. Physically send and receive materials to and from various storage locations.
- Stock, organize, and maintain the inventory at the manufacturing storage location.
- Perform a physical inventory count of materials on a regular basis. Recommend inventory adjustments and transfers of materials to management according to established policies and procedures.
- Work with production personnel (Supervisor, Material Handlers, and line workers) in ensuring FIFO usage of materials.
- Interact with other departments (such as Product Logistics, Quality, and IT) to ensure the timely execution of tasks.
- Develop Excel tables and tools to analyze material requirements, consumption rates, etc.
- Determine root causes of problems and provide recommendations to the management team.
- Undertake various inventory control improvement projects as directed by the Department Manager.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Associate's Degree or related field. Prior ERP experience is a must. Experience in SAP preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years prior experience in inventory control.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Highly organized with good time-management skills
- Able to speak, read, and write in English and Spanish (a must).
- Experience using ERP software, Excel, Word, and Outlook; including the ability to learn new software quickly.
- ISO and GMP experience are highly desired.
Interested? Apply directly now or call (786) 654-2346 for more information. Questions? Email [email protected] for more information on this role and others.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com