Digital Services Operator must be detail oriented, with good communication skills in both English & Spanish. Candidate will be expected to adhere to processes for contacting & updating customers to adhere to existing SLA's. Operator must has a basic knowledge of IT (hardware, software, networking) & be comfortable. Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Duties may change from time to time and other duties may be assigned:
- Creation of tickets using BMC Remedy application. This includes Incident & Change tickets.
- Use of monitoring tools track events affecting managed & co-location customer environments.
- Assist backup engineering team with monitoring & daily management of Legato & Data Protector environments
- Monitor SMC mailbox for event notifications & e-mails from customers reporting problems & making requests.
- Perform scheduled hands & eyes backup tasks per customer processes.
- Perform unscheduled hands & eyes, as needed. This includes racking & cabling of equipment, removal of devices, storage, & shipping
- Perform scheduled application tasks for managed customers. This includes stop/start commands & execution of scripts on UNIX applications for managed customers.
- Excellent client interaction and customer service skills.
- Ability and flexibility to work on night, weekends, or holidays
- Technical problem solving with conformance to established or proposed policies and procedures.
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish at both verbally & in written messages.
- Ability to function autonomously & under stressful conditions at times
- Experience in the telecommunications and/or Information Technology industry preferable.
- Experience working in a Call Center and/or Datacenter environment is preferable.
- Strong knowledge IT Infrastructure (servers, networks, tape libraries, hosting and Managed services)
- Knowledge of Virtualization Environment and Infrastructure (Cloud Computing)
- Familiar with Management application like BMC (Remedy), CA Spectrum, Siebel, Solarwinds, Netcool, etc will be considered as a plus.
- ITIL Certifications Foundation / Service a plus.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com.