Fort Lauderdale, FL
Seeking an Import Coordinator to efficiently coordinate the Import Process of goods entering North America, for a great opportunity in the Fort Lauderdale, FL area.
- Create and maintain purchase orders with associated import documentation for each entry into North America. (Ocean and Air)
- Coordinate any additional service required for the product at arrival
- Notify cooler companies of all the arrivals; keep them updated of the status of the arrivals;
- Negotiate rates as needed for new projects, accounts;
- Work all imports/exports with diligence, to ensure product availability in order to fulfill commitments with customers.
- Responsible for coordination of Exporting Product from current location to another country
- Invoice Processing of Operational Expenses including: Import; Inbound; Distribution; All Aspects of Operational functions including Quality Assurance; Support in cost analysis and operational efficiency;
- Working closely with customs brokers to learn the status of all imports for the week, and/or any changes to any arrivals for the following week;
- Coordinating with airlines, trucking co. and cooler companies, and customs brokers in USA and Canada, in regards to in-transit shipments, as needed.
- Monthly reporting , following up on claims.
- Assist in Managing risk in the Supply Chain . Keep all transportation companies throughout the supply chain up to date in terms of current insurance policies, permits, and contacts, etc.
Interested? Apply directly now or give us a call at (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070) Questions about this role or others? Email email@example.com
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in related areas of Logistics, such as Import / Export, Supply Chain, Project Management, Transportation
- Logistics Processes and Negotiation
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Knowledge of MS Office & SAP as functional logistics
- Knowledge of Customs and Import processes