Our client, a Global 100 telecommunications provider who manages integrated fixed, mobile and IT services to some of the world’s top multinational organization is in search of a Facilities Engineer for their datacenter operations In Miami. This organization also provides global telecommunication services for fixed and mobile carriers, ISPs and content providers. The organization offers integrated and competitive portfolio for carriers and corporations that includes international voice, IP, bandwidth capacity, satellite services, mobility and global solutions.
The Data Center Facilities Engineer will provide support to the Data Center. The primary responsibilities will be to support and oversee the scheduled preventive and systematic maintenance of critical support systems to include: HVAC, Generators, and UPS’s, fire detection, fire suppression, leak detention, UPS batteries and power distribution. This role serves as a technical/functional specialist and reports directly to the Senior Mechanical Engineer which will provide guidance in the more complex situations.
Duties and/or responsibilities include:
- Manage maintenance and operations of data center infrastructure and Building Management Systems
- Ability to understand and manipulate critical systems monitoring software such as DCIM, Change control management and use of a CMMS tools
- Experience operating, troubleshooting and maintenance of Mission Critical Mechanical and/or Electrical Support Systems such as electrical support for
power distribution, UPS, generators, HVAC, heat rejection systems and fire systems
- Must perform job duties with a view toward projecting a professional and competent image, Service to the customer in a friendly and outgoing manner is
also essential, while timeliness and maintaining a clean atmosphere are key
- General maintenance of Data Center and assist with general facilities as needed
- Must have a strong working knowledge of basic trades, such as, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, and painting standard principles and practices
- Support facility design and construction
- Ensure subcontractors adhere to standards, schedules and specifications.
- Maintain proper operating temperatures and humidity suitable for computers systems
- Must have working knowledge of all aspects of Chilled water plants
- Maintain proper fuel, oil and coolant levels in standby generators and oversee fueling of those generators in emergency and non-emergency situations
- Maintain power management program for Data Center and direct approved power installs as requested
- Advise on facility maintenance programs as well as equipment and system operations
- Critical systems checks and functional testing
- Oversee preventive and routine maintenance of critical Data Center systems
- Help develop, implement and improve maintenance standards that support site operations
- Inventory control of Data Center related equipment
- Act as a liaison between Facilities and IT as it pertains to the Data Center
- Provide Technical advice to management
- Crisis management: Power outages, fire alarms, HVAC outages
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com.
- Must possess college degree and/or equivalent experience, technical training with data center experience
- License in electrical work and or mechanical installations and repair preferred
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must have at least 5-7 years- experience in the maintenance, troubleshooting and operation and support function of Mission Critical buildings.
- Must have at least 5 years- experience working in commercial-industrial electrical installation or maintenance repairs with the ability to read and
understand blueprints, operation schematics.
- Experience using test equipment to evaluate and troubleshoot equipment operations
- Experience in building maintenance, minimum 3-5 years working in a live production Data Center and knowledge in the HVAC field to include Chillers of at least 1000 tons is preferred.
- Requires established organizational skills, with attention to detail and solid time management, project management and good interpersonal skills
- Is required to be on call 7-24-365
- Be able to work shift work and on call rotation