Executive Director of Finance
Hollywood, FL US
About the Role:
The Executive Director of Finance is responsible for developing the financial well-being of the organization by developing and implementing finance strategies, monitoring cash flow, analyzing the organization's financial strengths and weaknesses, and proposing corrective actions.
- Creates financial plans as defined by the organization
- Directs financing strategies, analysis, forecasting, and budget management
- Directs all aspects of accounting operations such as receivables, payables, financial reporting, risk affairs, and purchasing
- Recommends changes and enhancements to the organization
- Builds and maintains open communication and interaction with the organization in order to meet the organization’s goals.
- A Master’s degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience working in the areas of finance, accounting, financial reporting contracts, budgeting, or related areas in a senior management capacity is required.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Professional accounting designation as Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is highly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB-34) governmental reporting requirements is required.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in strategic financial planning and resource allocation.
- Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s License is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer and software applications.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Interested? Apply directly now or call (954) 549-1071 for more information. Questions? Email [email protected] for more information on this role and others.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com