Director of Airport Operations
Miami, FL US
About the Role:
The Director of Airport Operations is responsible for the overall execution of contract deliverables, client satisfaction, and financial performance of the aviation division, with direct oversight of Account Directors and indirect oversight of Quality Managers and will manage all aspects of nightly operations and overseeing policies and functions in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Executes new client prospecting and qualifying at C-Level along with tactical sales with business intelligence, benchmarking, forecasting and ROI analysis.
- Lead all the commercial activities to grow the business portfolio and diversify the clients’ base.
- Manages the P&L performance of contracts including reviewing monthly account financial reports for accuracy and to drive continuous improvement.
- Research growth strategies and competitor practices and strategies to evaluate and implement new strategies.
- Tracks and trends data to support performance management needs (established KPI’s and SLA’s).
- Developing and maintaining an expert level knowledge of North American’s strategic solutions and market differentiators in order to identify how the company can help clients achieve business goals.
- Manage all field operations, working to achieve the highest ROI
- Establish operational safety policies and procedures to prevent incidents/accidents and ensure consistent compliance with OSHA requirements.
- Develops and executes strategy for delivering quality services for all client locations including developing a monthly visit calendar to provide routine contact with customers and QA Managers, as well as supervise account operations.
- Participates in internal and external strategy and planning meetings, surveys, new business presentations, mobilization, and support activities related to the company services.
- Continually refine and develop the services and product offering programs with a focus on sustainability, technology, training, methodology, customer transparency, and cost efficiency.
- Partner with organizational executives to develop and implement sustainable maintenance and logistics strategies in order to maximize organization readiness.
- Responsible for overseeing overall Aviation division operations, personnel supervision, and contract management.
- Assist with annual budget preparation, equipment purchases, contract administration, job costing, customer service, QA, and invoicing.
- Assist with the preparation of related bid documents, specifications, and cost estimates, for potential new business opportunities.
- Assist with the preparation of and participate in new business presentations representing the company as the Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Draft related Monthly Business Review (MBR)/Quarterly Business Review (QBR) presentations and establish standardized client-facing presentations.
- Reviews and evaluates existing Aviation programs, and services, make recommendations to the operations team and/or client when requested, and implements or guides implementation of new and/or modified systems and programs.
- Investigates and analyze new and expanded business opportunities; develop and maintain positive business relationships with new and existing clients; build both internal and external networks.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 6 years of progressive management experience in aviation ground handling
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Budget management experience to include forecasting, creation, and adjustment of the current budget
- At least 6 years or more of related aviation ground handling work required in airport operation
- Union experience is a plus
- Advanced communications skills, both verbal and written in Spanish / English
- Be flexible for on-call for operational needs
- Ability to plan, organize and implement in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills including interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict-resolution abilities
- Strong self-organization and self-management skills, with an emphasis on self-initiation and follow through
- Must be able to obtain a SIDA Badge from the airport
Interested? Apply directly now or call (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070) for more information. Questions? Email [email protected] for more information on this role and others.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal-opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com