About the Client:
Our client is a major retail chain with a widely diverse product offering of food, toys and health/nutrition products.
About the Role:
The Demand Planner will be primarily responsible for teaching, managing and mentoring the user base on how to create and maintain forecast models for assigned categories to optimize inventory levels at stores and warehouses, incorporating business intelligence gathered from category management and marketing along with industry insights.
The Demand Planner must be heavily familiarized with the JDA supply chain management software and opening to frequent travel, especially within the first few months of employment.
Some responsibilities include:
- Implementation of JDA Demand Planning
- Training and mentoring of Demand Planner teams
- Utilizing the JDA Demand modules to build demand forecasts that tie to the merchandise financial plans and assortment plans
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models and evaluate forecast results
- Collaborate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions
- Utilize forecast and reporting tools to analyze forecast accuracy to understand root cause for error and drive continuous improvement within the organization
- Set and manage tuning parameters for forecast models and exceptions based reporting
- Review the building of promotions, ensure lifts and impacts on the forecast meet expectations
- Ensure new stores/items are set up and forecasted based on models and/or like items
- Effectively document and communicate key assumptions related to all published demand plans and scenarios
- Validate statistical forecasts: gather/analyze and validate data, execute statistical modeling, review resulting statistical forecast models, apply error analysis techniques to improve forecasting, summarize statistical forecast accuracy
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach interacting with marketing, category management, store operations and internal planning team to understand demand forecast drivers
- Participate in monthly demand review meetings to evaluate forecasting effectiveness, determine root-cause of any significant issues and coordinate the action plans to improve forecast accuracy
- Responsible for managing the merchandise financial planning inputs and outputs and its impact to the supply chain process
- Generate weekly reports on key metrics
- Undergraduate degree in business, supply chain or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in supply chain with a focus on Demand Planning and Replenishment with a preferred focus leveraging JDA Demand, JDA fulfillment software modules
- Experience in the retail industry is required, supplies and accessories experience is a plus
- Real world forecasting experience in a national network supply chain business that includes multiple points of distribution and retail locations
- Experience collaborating across an organization with merchandising, marketing store operations
- Clear understanding of end to end supply chain and supporting business processes
- Well organized, strong time management skills, ability to inspire confidence and communicate effectively
- Microsoft Office Advanced User knowledge
*Travel will be required for this role, primarily within the first few months of employment.
Interested? Apply directly now or give us a call today (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070). Questions? Email email@example.com
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job.For additional opportunities please visitwww.careerxchange.com.