Data Protection Engineer
Miami (Blue Lagoon), FL
Seeking a Data Protection Engineer who will be responsible for the installation, implementation and ongoing support of complex enterprise-class storage area network environments and the protection of the data it contains.
As a member of the Operation team, the Data Storage Protection Engineer will be working under the Senior Storage Engineer Lead, and with the SMC, Change Control, IT Resource Manager and the Director of Data Center Operations and Outsourcing to maintain and administer all storage and data protection platforms to assure they meet customer and internal required SLA/OLA.
Some responsibilities include:
- Administer, maintain, and implementation of NAS architecture.
- SAN switch technology administer, storage provisioning, LUN masking, zoning, performance management, and volume management
- Perform day to day operations of storage administration like maintaining Point in Time copy, Disaster recovery, and other storage specific activities
- Provide assistance in documenting operational systems, policies, procedures
- New technology awareness and research skills are necessary.
Interested? Apply directly now or give us a call today (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070). Questions? Email email@example.com for more information on this position and others.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com.
The ideal candidate must be well-versed in:
- SAN / NAS, RAID
- Disaster Recovery infrastructure planning, building, and testing
- Responding, updating and closing customer requests and trouble tickets for client, engineering and vendor inquiries; resolving support issues where feasible and escalate when necessary
- Partnering with engineering and external applications staff for troubleshooting methods for all technologies
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills
- Follow all processes and procedures, while acting on behalf of customers and in the best interest of the company. Must be a self-motivator and fast learner
- Monitor environments and react to any and all significant alerts, incidents or outages within required time frames and/or contracted service levels
- Maintain environments for multiple customers and internal systems