Customs Data Entry Clerk
About the Client:
Our client is a leading distributor and importer of live plants in the United States with headquarters based in the Winter Garden, FL area.
About the Role:
The Customs/USDA Entry Documentation Clerk ensures the proper and timely entry of documentation pertaining to the imports and exports of the company. Responsible for compiling and preparing regulatory documents for entry processing and creation of customs documentation.
Other responsibilities include:
- Processes Customs Entries and Phytosanitary Certificates online and maintains updated records and files
- Prepares Export Documentation
- Manages Freight bookings to include airfreight (including local delivery at destination), truck freight, and international ocean freight
- Prepares Drop Ship FedEx shipping, bookings, and tracking
- Maintains and updates import permits
- Maintains and updates CITES permits
- Billing for Freight Services
- Files and follows up on claims with Common Carriers (airlines, trucking, shipping)
- Inventory Control of surplus
- Review and approve supplier invoices
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of Logistics/Shipping experience
- Customs Clearance or Freight Forwarding experience preferred
- Some College or Post-High School education/training
- Bi-Lingual (English and Spanish)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and general computer usage
- Horticulture or floriculture experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong organization skills and ability to follow up
- Ability to work every other Saturday
- Flexibility to deal with off schedule emergencies/exceptions
- Able to sit at a desk and work on a computer for prolonged periods
- Able to lift up to 20lbs; squat, bend, pull and push, and climb stairs
COVID-19 Safety Protocol:
Our offices are currently operating at a reduced capacity with our team splitting their time in-office and at-home. Any employee operating from our offices is required to wear a mask or face covering and will be distanced 6 feet apart, as recommended by the CDC's safety guidelines.
An initial questionnaire will be administered before entry is permitted to determine if there is any potential risk. We thank everyone for their cooperation during this time.
*Interviews will be scheduled virtually, please ensure your devices have capabilities to communicate via Skype, FaceTime, Zoom, Google Hangouts or Microsoft Teams.
Interested? Apply directly now or give us a call today (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070). Questions? Email [email protected] for more information on this role and others.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com