Customs Brokerage Agent
About the Client:
Our client is one of the largest providers of international logistics and freight forwarding services.
About the Role:
The Customs Brokerage Entry Agent will be responsible for working in the Customs Brokerage Department to process import shipments and customs brokerage for customers.
Some responsibilities include:
- Perform all functions required by the brokerage department to service the client and provided exceptional customer service. This includes troubleshooting, and solve problem.
- Daily follow up on all open issues with the client, carrier, forwarder, CBP, or PGA to resolve any delays in entry processing
- Manage all aspects of the entry process from receipt of documents or data to delivery, billing and scanning.
- Audit commercial documents for accuracy, and verify description, value, term of sale, country of origin, classification, and all areas required by CBP and any and all PGA’s
- Enter all required data accurately into brokerage system to complete the entry and achieve full release with CBP and PGA.
- Coordinate with the origin station, supplier or third party to process the Importer Security Filing (ISF) on behalf the importer.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associate degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school; or two to three years related experience in brokerage and custom compliance; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completion of any industry related course is an asset.
- Minimum two to three years in the freight forwarding industry.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or overseas agents.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as freight rates, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic accounting.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, strong attention to details, ability to work effectively under pressure, ability to solve logistical problems as necessary.
- Knowledge of customs forms and power of attorney.
- Proficient in world geography, import documentation, and Incoterms.
- Proficient in, Lotus Notes (Email), MS Office (Word, Excel) and Internet.
COVID-19 Safety Protocol:
Our offices are currently operating at a reduced capacity with our team splitting their time in-office and at-home. Any employee operating from our offices is required to wear a mask or face covering and will be distanced 6 feet apart, as recommended by the CDC's safety guidelines.
An initial questionnaire will be administered before entry is permitted to determine if there is any potential risk. We thank everyone for their cooperation during this time.
*Interviews will be scheduled virtually, please ensure your devices have capabilities to communicate via Skype, FaceTime, Zoom, Google Hangouts or Microsoft Teams.
Interested? Apply directly now or call (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070) for more information. Questions? Email [email protected] for more information on this role and others.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com