Cruise Logistics Supervisor
Seeking a Cruise Logistics Supervisor for an excellent opportunity in the Doral, FL area. This role will be primarily responsible for ensuring that product operations meet customer quality goals while ensuring product yield. The CLS will work with product leadership and Sales to maintain and grow customer volume and revenue while training and directly supervising product staff on internal SOPs and customer standard operating procedures (CSOPs).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directly manages all product staff within assigned team
• Ensures working capital targets are met especially as set for WIP, DSO, and DPO
• Performs timely and accurate costing, revenue estimates, rating, invoicing, and correction (where necessary) to invoices, process, or people to minimize WIP, DSO, and Bad Debt
• Oversees collections on assigned customer’s accounts and effectively corrects any outstanding balances
• Ensures operations meet customer quality goals including but not limited to the quality and timeliness of invoicing, EDI and other data exchange, communication, transportation, dwell, analytics, value added activities, and trade services
• Maintains and grows customer volume and revenue. Responsible to expand business with customers by cross selling additional products or services.
• Ensures product yield is within target range for assigned customers providing competitive rates and services
• Has authority and is responsible to set product general and customer specific sell tariff and spot rates for assigned product and customers
• Coordinates with product pricing on large volume or non-standard opportunities.
• Measures quoting effectiveness and efficiency and to adjust quoting parameters in conjunction with product leaders to maintain appropriate win ratios, yield levels, and efficiencies.
• Works with product leaders to proactively prevent a customer’s tendering business to the market.
• Ensures all assigned employees are trained, certified, and re-certified periodically on product SOPs, customer standard operating procedures (CSOPs) and Quality Management System.
• Consults with product leadership prior to agreeing with customers on non-standard services and/or pricing.
• Professionally manages customer escalations and resolves conflicts
• Responsible for role of product subject matter expert when communicating with customers in a variety of settings
• Responsible at times for role of executive sponsor for key customers within assigned territory
• Explains and interprets for customers external market opportunities or threats and the forecasted impact to the customer’s business and to work with customers on risk mitigation
• Provide timely and accurate analysis to customers as agreed
• Organizes and lead Customer Business Reviews including preparation (defensive and offensive game plan), execution, and follow up (project management of agreed action items)
• Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of budgeting and forecasting for assigned customers.
• Ensures product team meets minimum customer service levels at minimal cost through effective procurement and routing
• Ensures product yield is within target range at both a customer level and in the aggregate
• Completes all financial and quality controls and audits accurately and on-time
• Manages vendors within assigned Projects or as agreed with functional up-line and develops strategic partnerships as necessary to differentiate project competitiveness
• Responsible for the quality of cross-docking, consolidation, de-consolidation, and other Project specific activities.
• Manages the quality of all product vendors to ensure business continuity in the event a vendor is unable to perform
• Ensures performance goals are set, performance is measured, and regular informal and formal feedback is provided to direct and indirect reports within team.
• Monitors and manages staffing levels and workload allocation across team. This includes talent requisition, recruiting, interviewing, furloughing, re-purposing, re-shifting, demotion, promotion, and severance.
• Develops team and individuals within the team. Responsible for succession planning at agent, supervisor, and one’s own level
• Performs other duties as assigned
Interested? Apply directly now or give us a call today (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070). Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com.
• Bachelor’s degree (Business, Logistics and Supply Chain, Transportation, or associate field), or equivalent work experience
• 5-7 years minimum seafreight or airfreight experience, preferably cross-trained in both products
• 3-5 years minimum supervisory experience
• Completion of any industry related course is an asset