St. Petersburg, FL US
About the Role:
The Cost/Price Analyst monitors specialized knowledge of applicable regulations to Supply Chain subcontract documentation preparation. Reviews procurement documentation for compliance with established requirements, checklists, policies, and practices. Assists Procurement Staff, in developing and maintaining cost and price analysis of supplier pricing; research, and reviews. Prepares fair and reasonable justifications to meet contract and customer requirements.
Reviews Program Supply Chain plans for accuracy and completeness. Gives input to the Finance master schedule team for SC updates. Reviews and researches supplier Cost Performance Reports (CPR) and Cost/Schedule Status Reports (C/SSR) for accuracy. Assists in identifying any procurement procedural and overall compliance deviations to company standards. Identifies areas for improvement and recommends training requirements.
- Defines pricing requirements for subcontract solicitations and internal
- Participates in fact-finding and contract negotiations both locally and at a customer location
- Prepare information within Supply Chain to ensure timely and accurate development and status reporting on program supply chain plans, master schedules, Purchase Order documentation and cost/price analysis, compliance modifications, deviations, negotiations, and terminations
Serve as an interface for Government Contractor Purchasing System Review at a specific location
- Review assigned complex Purchase Orders and supporting documentation for compliance concerns
- Initiate documentation to authorize the direct work in accordance with contract specifications
- Participates in compliance discussions with Supply Chain Team on non-compliance; record, track and produce metrics
- Evaluate suppliers’ cost proposals, analyzing the contractor’s past performance, cost of similar procurements, standards, or other quantitative techniques in producing like or similar items with a cost reduction focus
- Analyze suppliers’ financial position to ensure adequacy and stability for continued operations
- Review technical and audit reports on various cost elements such as material, labor, overhead, and profit to determine the reasonableness of various cost elements
- Prepare fair and reasonable and related cost justifications
- Assist in the development of trend analysis in pricing, supplier performance, Supply Chain personnel compliance metrics, and related analyses
Prepare reports, analysis, training, and related activities in support of Supply Chain function and own group
- Comply with all government, corporate, and business unit policies, procedures, and regulations. Other duties as assigned
- Travel may be required
- The position requires specialized knowledge of procurement regulations and procedures, government cost accounting standards and accounting practices, contract administration principles policies and procedures to support contracting methods; reporting requirements
- In-depth knowledge of cost and price analysis techniques across varying contract types and financial accounting methods
- Responds promptly to customer needs
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles with a sense of urgency
- Strong computer skills, administrative data control, scheduling, and team interface
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and teamwork skills. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Manages competing demands while meeting commitments. Works within the highest level of integrity, ethics, and safety
- BS/BA degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting from a four-year University; or 1-3 years related exp. and/or training; or equivalent
- Five to eight years of procurement, supply chain, financial analysis, or supply chain analysis exp. (MBA preferred.)
- 1- 3 years related exp. and/or training; or equivalent. One to two years of procurement, supply chain, financial analysis, or supply chain analysis exp. (MBA preferred.)
COVID-19 Safety Protocol:
Our offices are currently operating with our team splitting their time in-office and at home. Our company guidelines state that all vaccinated persons may enter the office unmasked (vaccination proof may be required). Persons who remain un-vaccinated or who wish to continue mask use may enter with face-covering on (one may be provided for you if needed). Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
*Interviews will be scheduled virtually, please ensure your devices have capabilities to communicate via Skype, FaceTime, Zoom, Google Hangouts, or Microsoft Teams.
Interested? Apply directly now or call (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070) for more information. Questions? Email [email protected] for more information on this role and others.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com