Seeking a Collections Specialist who will work an assigned account portfolio to maximize reimbursement potential and attain assigned collection goals.
This role will be primarily responsible for updating accounting systems with appropriate transactions, codes and/or comments as necessary to clearly and fully document current account status.
Some duties include:
- Contacts patients as often as necessary to secure payment of balances due
- Adequately performs expected work events on the minimum number of accounts as established in the departments standard operating procedures
- Asserts a sense of urgency when speaking with patients regarding unpaid services and communicates professionally and effectively with other department staff utilizing proper forms/methods/protocols given
- Uses all contact points available to reach patient in regards to payment of balances due
- Complies with HIPAA regulation
- Timely responds to insurance and patient inquiries, properly executes required job functions while aching desired outcomes
- Identifies uncollectible accounts for possible bad debt write-off and submits to supervisor
- Reviews incoming correspondence daily and performs appropriate follow up activities
- Review credit balance accounts tp determine of adjustment or refund is due
Interested? Apply directly now or give us a call today (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070). Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visitwww.careerxchange.com.
- 2 or more years of self pay or healthcare insure collection experience required
- Must process excellent written and verbal communication skills with people of varying backgrounds
- Experience with basic level Microsoft Word and Excel software required
- Experience with using personal computers required
- Detail oriented, proficient math skills, must operate 10 key calculator and be an assertive problem solver
- Understands and complies with HIPAA regulations
- Basic understanding of Florida Collection statutes
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a must