Seeking a Collections Representative for a great team in the Miami, FL area who will effectively work assigned account portfolios to maximize reimbursement potential and attain assigned collection goals. This role will be responsible for updating patient accounting system with appropriate transactions, codes, and/or comments as necessary to clearly and fully document current account status.
Some responsibilities include:
- Contacts patients as often as necessary to secure payment of balances due
- Adequately performs expected work events on the minimum number of accounts as established in the department’s standard operating procedures
- Asserts a sense of urgency when speaking with patients regarding unpaid services and communicates professionally and effectively with other department staff utilizing proper forms/methods/protocols given
- Uses all contact points available to reach patient in regards to payment of balances due
- Complies with HIPAA regulation
- Timely responds to insurance and patient inquiries, properly executes required job functions while achieving desired outcomes
- Documents host system with notes of all actions taken on accounts using appropriate activity, status, and/or transaction codes
- Identifies uncollectible accounts for possible Bad Debt write-off and submits to supervisor for approval
- Reviews incoming correspondence daily and performs appropriate ‘next-step’ follow up activity
- Organizes and prioritizes daily work
- Reviews credit balance accounts to determine if adjustment or refund is due
Interested? Apply directly now or give us a call at (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070) Questions about this role or others? Email email@example.com for more information.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visitwww.careerxchange.com.
- Two or more years of self-pay or health care insurance collection experience required
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with people of varying backgrounds
- Experience with basic-level Microsoft Word and Excel software required
- Experience using personal computers required
- Detail oriented, proficient math skills, must operate 10-key calculator, and be an assertive problem solver
- Understands and complies with HIPAA regulations
- Basic understanding of Florida collection Statutes
- Bilingual a must (English / Spanish)
- Confident speaking to patients to request payment on balances owed
- Must have flexibility to work evenings and Saturdays to collect on international clients with different time zones.