Aviation Safety Manager
Miami, FL US
About the Role:
The Safety Manager is responsible for with and through management, ensuring compliance with safety and environmental procedures and assisting in the achievement of profitability/productivity requirements across the aviation division.
- Advise, guide, and participate in workers’ compensation claims and reporting
- Assists, plans, and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Oversee and participate in the reporting and investigation of OJI accidents/injuries and aircraft
- Inspect GSE for safety and efficiency on a random basis. Remove unsafe and defective GSE from service
- Ensure that safety protocol is being followed by all staff members, and regularly audit each site to ensure that process is being adhered to
- Plans and implements training for employees in worksite safety practices
- Maintains safety files and records according to needed yearly and semi-annual audit programs
- Performs safety surveys and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented
- Conducts post-accident investigation and prepares reports identifying possible accident causes and hazards for use by company personnel and senior management
- Providing safety reports on SMS performance on a periodic basis
- Recommend appropriate safety measures to reduce accidents/injuries
- Conduct defensive driving new-hire & post-accident re-training
- Conduct monthly safety meetings with other departments such as GSE, Cabin, Ramp, etc.
- Provide excellent leadership to the ground team, supervisors, and managers and truly support the health and safety initiative
- Monitor and investigate “near-miss” situations
- Assists in the development, evaluation, and upgrading of safety programs.
- Assist and maintain environmental reports including Stormwater permits, SPCC, etc
- Responsible for guiding reports according to OSHA, MSHA, DOT, and EPA regulatory requirements
- Conduct safety and health walk-through inspections of all workplace facilities
- Involvement with ISAGO Audits and pertinent paperwork
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have 3+ years of related experience and/or training in Safety Management and Compliance
- knowledge of safety, security, and compliance-related regulatory requirements as they pertain to aviation/airport operations
- Knowledge of ISAGO compliance audits
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and web-based applications
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish / English
- Must be able to pass all pre-requisites to obtain SIDA badge according to business and airport process
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization
- Demonstrates excellent safety behavior and attitude, follows regulatory practices and rules, recognizes and Promotes hazard reporting, and ensures effective safety reporting
- Models and promotes an organizational culture that fosters safety practices through effective leadership
- Must be available to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs
- Requires flexibility to work additional hours beyond the regular shift, on short notice, and as needed during irregular operations
Interested? Apply directly now or call (786) 654-2343 for more information. Questions? Email [email protected] for more information on this role and others.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com