Winter Garden, FL
About the Client:
Our client is a leading distributor and importer of live plants in the United States with headquarters based in the Winter Garden, FL area.
About the Role:
The Operations Manager plans and organizes production schedules to ensure on time delivery. This role will also be responsible for monitoring production and sales demands to forecast workforce needs.
Other responsibilities include:
- Supervises production process to ensure output meets quality standards.
- Responsible for the entire greenhouse growing operation including irrigation, fertilizer and chemical mixing and application; insect and disease management, and crop timing.
- Assists the General Manager to plan and oversee the planting, cultivation, and harvesting of all young plants.
- Reviews and analyzes the production schedule vs the greenhouse area available in order to coordinate and organize what to grow, where, and when.
- Creates labor schedules to ensure optimum staffing levels (monitor labor efficiency)
- Oversee the planning of materials to be used for planting.
- Assures that the systems is accurately updated with the production schedules
- Creates and maintains “growing protocols.”
- Analyses the grow data such as EC, pH, Temps, Humidity, to take appropriate decisions.
- Files pesticide use report and inventories in compliance with the Worker Protection Standard (WPS) program.
- Manages environmental controls via computerized system; sets all greenhouse control systems and ensures the greenhouse structure is sound.
- Monitors and manages the Grow Times for the different time of the year.
- Works with the “Growers” on processes, IPM, and scheduling.
- Adjusts the inventory based on the walk through and the quality of the plants.
- Communicates with purchasing to advise about the quality of the live goods (seeds, cuttings, TC) to generate any vendor debits on time.
- Communicates with the Inventory Control Specialist and sales teams about changes in availability.
- Manages the labor of shipping analyzing the productivity registered.
- Supervises quality control of plants that are to be shipped out.
- Supervises the grading of plants and ensures inventory adjustments are made by team on time.
- Manages the movements and dumps of the plants in the system and the allocation of plants for shipping
- Reviews the inventory count after shipping to assure the inventory is correct.
Candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture, Agriculture, Business, or related field.
- 5+ yrs. of experience managing a Horticultural facility.
- Proficiency operating the automated systems within the greenhouses.
- Aptitude for decision-making and problem solving.
- Must be reliable, responsible, and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Able to lift up to 40lbs
- Capable of walking, squatting, bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and standing long periods
COVID-19 Safety Protocol:
Our offices are currently operating at a reduced capacity with our team splitting their time in-office and at-home. Any employee operating from our offices is required to wear a mask or face covering and will be distanced 6 feet apart, as recommended by the CDC's safety guidelines.
An initial questionnaire will be administered before entry is permitted to determine if there is any potential risk. We thank everyone for their cooperation during this time.
*Interviews will be scheduled virtually, please ensure your devices have capabilities to communicate via Skype, FaceTime, Zoom, Google Hangouts or Microsoft Teams.
Interested? Apply directly now or give us a call today (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070). Questions? Email [email protected] for more information on this role and others.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com