Great opportunity for a bilingual (English/Spanish) Virtualization Specialist who will be responsible for maintaining and growing the company’s virtual platform, as well as help to bring in customers’ systems as needed, and covering a wide range of platforms, technology, and solutions.
· Contribute to project implementation by installing, configuring and troubleshooting VMware products as needed: vCenter Server, ESXi, Update Manager, Site Recovery Manager, Data Recovery, vCloud Director, vCenter Operations Manager, VMware Standalone Converter, and VMware Workstation
· Serve as an administrator of multiple VMware platforms, including but not limited to ESXi 4.0-5.5
· Serve as administrator for VMware Update Manager, ensuring hosts are compliant and homogenous, and that critical updates are applied as soon as possible
· Serve as administrator for VMware Site Recovery Manager, ensuring protected machines are successfully replicated, performing failover tests, and any other tasks deemed necessary.
· Serve as administrator for VMware Data Recovery, ensuring protected machines are successfully backed up
· Administrate Cisco UCS hardware as needed, including but not limited to deploying new chassis, updating firmware, installing operating systems, servicing malfunctioning hardware, racking new equipment and deploying new service profiles.
· Administrate IBM, HP and Dell server hardware as needed, including but not limited to updating firmware, installing operating systems, servicing malfunctioning hardware, and racking new equipment.
· Install, maintain and troubleshoot a variety of Windows based operating systems
· Install, maintain and troubleshoot a variety of Unix based operating systems
· Assist with evaluation of proposed solutions for customers presented by the Design Team to ensure Operations can meet its obligations post project completion and that the proposed solution will satisfy the customers’ needs
· Contribute to project implementation by following requirements provided in Statements of Work to create new virtual machines, convert physical machines to virtual machines, or otherwise importing virtual machines from foreign environments as needed.
· Create, maintain, and use a variety of VMware Templates to facilitate deployment of virtual machines as needed
· Become familiar with and assist with the changes required for creating and maintaining a PCI Compliant environment
· Communicate all tasks, incidents, and changes performed through communication with the SMC and Remedy
· Assist with the deployment, maintenance, and troubleshooting of various products and services to complement the variety of services provides to its customers including but not limited to SMTP, DNS, Active Directory, FTP, IIS, Clustering and NTP
· Assist with the creation and maintenance of documentation to support the environments the Operations team manages
· Communicate effectively with the other Operations teams including but not limited to Storage, Networking, Security, Backups, Monitoring, IT, Facilities and Cabling
· Be available on a 24x7 basis using company provided tools (cellphone, wireless internet access, laptop) except when explicitly unavailable due to planned vacation, illness or emergency
* Minimum 5 years experience in a related field.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.