Sales Account Manager
Miami Gardens, FL | Direct Hire
Looking for a Sales Account Manager in the Miami Gardens area. This position is responsible for the sale of the organization’s product in the national market as well as maintenance of current accounts to spearhead growth and cross-sell where applicable. Responsible for selling products to retailers and distributors, expanding company’s market share and growing and maintaining relationships of current customers, providing administrative assistance when required and by supporting all functions of the Sales Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Call prospective customers and establish buying cycles, customer needs and create a supplier relationship.
· Increase sales in respective accounts by displaying or demonstrating product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizing salable features.
· Quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts for prospective customers.
· Prepare sales information for customers, including price lists and product updates.
· Establish buying influences, budgets and purchasing criteria for assigned accounts.
· Secure and place orders taking into consideration delivery dates and inventory levels for fulfillment.
· Develop qualified prospects and accounts through personal lead generation efforts.
· Target ideal businesses and continually follow up on prospective businesses throughout their buying cycle.
· Motivate targeted businesses to purchase from all product lines.
· Manage & service all assigned accounts and those generated by own efforts.
· Develop trusting relationship with current customers to increase company footprint where possible and cross-sell products on an on-going basis.
· Communicate openly and regularly with management and colleagues.
· Develop and increase sales revenue to meet assigned targets.
· Travel to meet with customers when requested.
· Create customer files on the shared drive to include contracts, up to date customer information, customer contacts and any other relevant information about the customer.
· Manually enter information from Excel into the system from smaller accounts, when required.
· Participate in company trade shows and conferences when required to attend.
· Travel to customer accounts when required.
· Check on competitive activity and develop new methods of attaining customers.
· Utilize marketing materials, promotions and relationships to demonstrate features and benefits of product line.
· Process product sample requests in order to ship to current and tentative customers.
· Work with a sense of urgency and exhibit timely follow up.
· Enter & maintain all customer cards with the correct price list that the customer is using.
· Manage all house accounts assigned.
· Work with Sales Assistant to interact with bloggers and other potential affiliates as required.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
· Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred and/or two to four years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office.