SMC Manager on Duty
About the Client:
Our Global client manages multinational, wholesale and roaming businesses and delivers integrated fixed, mobile and IT services to some of the world's top multinationals and corporations. It also provides global telecommunication services for fixed and mobile carriers, ISP's and content providers.
About the Role:
The SMC Manager on Duty will be responsible for leading a Service Management Center Team through effective use of resources as well as analyzing performance statistics and ensuring quality customer service through coaching and mentoring.
Some responsibilities also include:
- Manage a team of SMC Help Desk and Analysts
- At the beginning of the shift the MOD will run the NOC Global Cognos Report to review the tickets volume and status
- Assure that all open tickets are assigned to Analysts and set priorities when needed.
- Minimize client impact and reduce MTTR (Mean time to resolve)
- Be available to provide support and motivate to improve the entirety of the team's operations.
- Take calls that your analyst can't handle, be available when an analyst appears to need assistance.
- Monitor queue and track inbound calls. Keep agents aware of inbound calls, calls waiting, abandonment rate, etc.
- Motivate and encourage analysts through positive communication and feedback
- Monitor the progress of events and supplies the client, partner or vendor with updates and ensure SLAs are met.
- Follow up with customers who have experienced significant outages or service failures
- Provide Incident reports as defined by Incident Management Guidelines
- Lead the communication and updates when Critical Incidents occur.
- Establish and grow relationships with key clients and technology contacts
- Ensure that all process and procedures are adhered to and are in compliance with policy
- Continuously review process and procedures for efficiency and recommend improvements
- Monitor Solarwinds & emails to make sure that they are worked in a timely manner
- Provide training to new employees
- Handle customers escalations during shifts and escalate internally and with providers when required.
- Verify that each ticket is updated according to Incent Management Resolution Process
- Monitor queue to check for automatically generated ticket and distribute/assign to available staff
- Run End of shift passdown and turn it over to next shift
- Participate in the interview and selection process of new hires
- Minimum of two years related experience preferred
- Must have demonstrated skills of leadership, collaboration, and diplomacy
- Excellent customer service, computer, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to drive individuals and team performance
- Excellent computer-based, telephonic, verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish at both verbally & in written messages.
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced working environment over an extended period of time
- Flexibility in scheduling to regularly include 1st, 2nd and occasionally 3rd shift.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Minimum technical skills equivalent to Comptia Network+, LAN, WAN, MPLS and wireless networks.
- Must possess understanding of a T1, Protocols TCP/IP, EIGRP, OSPF,BGP, Routing, ATM, MPLS, Frame Relay, DS3 and Ethernet
- Strong knowledge of Telecom Infrastructure, equipment, telecom networks (Cisco, Juniper, etc), hosting and managed services, OSI Model.
- Knowledge of CISCO routers and Nortel equipment
- At least 6months experience working with WAN
- Familiar with Management application like BMC (Remedy), CA, Siebel, Solarwinds, Netcool, etc will be considered as a plus.
- ITIL Certifications Foundation / Service a plus
Interested? Apply directly now or give us a call today (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070). Questions? Email email@example.com for more information on this position and others.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com.