Production Control Coordinator
Doral, FL | Temp to Full Time
A tech/communications giant in the Doral, FL area is seeking a Production Control Coordinator for an incredible temp-to-hire opportunity. This position:
- Interacts with the entire Change Management process of coordination, control and documentation of changes that will be released to the production environment.
- Works with other departments to develop the deployment schedule, assess impact of proposed changes to existing requests, review changes being submitted for release to ensure that there are no dependencies between the changes that may conflict with each other.
- Ensures that all affected users are aware of the proposed changes and that the changes are properly documented as to which systems are impacted.
- Revises production schedules when required due to design changes.
- Addresses deployments during month-end blackout periods.
- Authorizes changes to production and analyzes code being deployed in order to minimize the impact of problems on production.
- Analyzes release strategies presented in roll out meetings.
- Responsible for controlling changes to the production environment throughout the development life cycle.
- Working knowledge of Change Management Processes such as Software Development Life Cycle, Project Management Office, and Software Quality Assurance. (Minimum 1-2 years required )
- Requires the understanding of other departmental processes such as Software Quality Assurance, Software Development Life Cycle, Project Management Office, and BAU Management.
Tools such as:
- Change Management/Version Control tools such as GitHub or CVS – 1-2 years preferred
- Continuous Integration server such as Anthill Pro
- Programming languages such as PL/SQL
- Clarity PPM (Project and Portfolio Management) tool
- Reporting tools
Certifications desirable but not required, such as:
- Project Management
- IT governance, risk, and information control
- Technical certification, such as Microsoft SQL Server
Relevant work experience in related areas also accepted such as:
- Project Management
- Software Quality Assurance
- IT Development
- Corporate Compliance
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Experience developing and establishing controls for corporate audit and compliance adherence is a plus.
- Self-assertiveness and professional judgment in dealings with management.
- Technical experience with information technology platforms, including systems, network, LAN/WAN and voice communications.