Winter Garden, FL | Direct Hire
This position is responsible for working with new and prospective clients as well as internal clients to effectively discuss the features of specific products.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Conduct market research to determine market requirements for existing products
- Establish and maintain positive work relationships and works productively with support groups within the business, i.e., Sales, Customer Service, Nurseries, Purchasing, etc.
- Develop pricing strategy
- Analysis of customer research, current market conditions and competitor information
- Develop and implement marketing plans and projects for new and existing products
- Manage the productivity of the marketing plans and projects. Monitor, review and report on all marketing activity and results
- Determine and manage the marketing budget
- Report on return on investment and key performance metrics
- Collaborate with the sales team, and visit customers with sales team.
- Monitor industry best practices
- Support Sales Team by providing key accounts contacts, promotional literature, and evaluation of key competitors.
- Stays abreast of trends in the marketplace to ensure the product's and the company’s competitive position
- Evaluates product market performance
Education and Experience
- Horticulture, Business or marketing-related degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Technical marketing skills
- Experience in customer and market research
- Experience with relevant software applications
- 2 to 4 years of experience in the Horticulture Industry and/or experience in B2B markets preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Formal presentation skills
- Organization and planning
- Strategic thinking, problem analysis and problem-solving
- Good Judgment