Miami, FL | Direct Hire
CAREERXCHANGE® is seeking a Paralegal for a wonderful firm in the Miami, FL area. This role will be primarily responsible for directing and coordinating paralegal activities of the organization while functioning as the primary strategic leader for interfacing with lawyers and managing all aspects of the paralegal function. This role will also makes key decisions and oversee the execution of case assignments to outside counsel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with and manage outside counsel and liaise with other third parties (e.g., financial advisors, tax advisors, etc.).
- Responsible for managing all the legal cases assignment and distribution to the various outside counsel.
- Organize documents and coordinate document productions.
- Conduct various document searches and factual research.
- Prepare witness and materials for case preparation.
- Organize and track case files.
- Oversee intake of outside counsel invoices and assure expenses remain within the defined budget. Develop and implement reports to monitor outside legal spending.
- Provide advice related to commercial and legal aspects such as trade and commercial matters, regulatory compliance issues, and corporate issues.
- Maintain documentation, files, and databases regarding distribution and commercial relationships.
- Prepare and review contracts, letters of agreement, and other documents to ensure legal compliance.
- Follow established procedures and assist in a variety of assigned legal projects.
- Provide support to the corporate legal team as needed.
- Provide support other functions such as finance, regulatory, human resources, etc. as needed.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with state, local, and federal regulations.
- Maintaining investigation files and documentation.
- Developing and managing various compliance related databases.
If you are an individual with strong negotiation skills and experienced in your ability to work without inside counsel, APPLY DIRECTLY NOW or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Give us a call at (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070)
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job.For additional opportunities please visitwww.careerxchange.com.
- Bachelor's Level of Degree in the related field of study required
- 10 plus years of demonstrated experience of corporate in-house or law firm experience at the paralegal level working with basic commercial contracts, employment, and general corporate matters.
- Paralegal certificate required; notary public certification a plus.
- Spanish, fluent with the ability to read and write
- Excellent time and detail management skills in a fast paced environment; ability to juggle multiple projects and reprioritize quickly and efficiently.