Fort Lauderdale, FL
Seeking an Import Coordinator to efficiently coordinate the Import Process of goods entering North America, ensuring effective use of Company’s Resources, managing risk as well as managing cost.
- Create and maintain purchase orders with associated import documentation for each entry into North America. (Ocean and Air)
- Notify our customs brokers in USA and Canada of new shipments, and designate the cooler and trucking companies, keeping constant and effective communication to expedite loads;
- Coordinate any additional service required for the product; fumigation, cooling, inspection or special handling at arrival;
- Notify each cooler company on a weekly basis of all the arrivals for the week, keep them updated of the status of the arrivals;
- Negotiate rates as needed for new projects, accounts;
- Work all imports/exports with diligence, to ensure product availability in order to fulfill our commitments with customers.
- Responsible for coordination of Exporting Product from current location to another country;
- Invoice Processing of Operational Expenses including: Import; Inbound; Distribution; All Aspects of Operational functions including Quality Assurance; Support in cost analysis and operational efficiency;
- Ensure all vendors qualify to be set up as vendor in terms of risk management.
- Daily follow-up with our customs brokers to learn the status of all imports for the week, and/or any changes to any arrivals for the following week;
- Open communication 24/7 with, airlines, trucking co. and cooler companies, and our customs brokers in USA and Canada, in regards to in-transit shipments, as needed.
- Monthly report to insurance department of all exports by truck, as applicable;
- Report claims to marine cargo insurance (SAVE) as needed;
- In case of a claim, contact and coordinate with surveyors from SAVE for inspection of the product, etc. Continue to support insurance department until the claim is closed;
- Assist in Managing risk in the Supply Chain by assistance in coordination of claims in general from all vendors;
- Keep all transportation companies throughout the supply chain up to date in terms of current insurance policies, permits, and contacts, etc.
Interested? Apply directly now or give us a call at (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070) Questions about this role or others? Email email@example.com
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in related areas of Logistics, such as Import / Export, Supply Chain, Project Management, Transportation
- Logistics Processes and Negotiation
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of SAP as functional logistics
- Knowledge of Customs and Import processes
- Customer Oriented
In addition, candidates must have the following experience
- Surveillance of all inbound containers in Transit
- Confirmation that our Operation is prepared to receive product in the United States. (Port Operations, Inspections, Warehousing ect….)
- Capture all costs associated with the Import Process and confirm invoicing.
- Support all operational functions throughout the Supply Chain