Seeking an Import Coordinator for a full-time position with a great team in the Doral, FL area. The ideal candidate is someone detail-oriented who is experienced with import department procedures/functions.
*This position has a 8:30AM-5:30PM (M-F) schedule with virtual/remote work hours on Saturdays and the likely possibility of overtime.
Some responsibilities include:
- Preparing vessel documentation required by law to release and deliver containers
- Coordinate ACE transmissions and corrections
- Transmit ACE vessel arrivals and departures from all ports
- Prepare and transmit all vessel stow plans
- Communicate with origins regarding freight transactions
- Coordinate and distribute arrival notices for each vessel
- Provide customer service to all incoming phone calls regarding vessel operations, arrivals, departures, customers regulations and USDA agricultural inspections
- Analyze and investigate client concerns/operational issues over any discrepancy in order to provide excellent customer service
- Coordinate fumigation appointments
- Create and collect invoices for all local additional chargers
- Coordinate trans-shipment cargo with origin and destinations
- Follow up with outside carriers/slot charters for vessel operations and availability of containers
- Work with accounting and collections to receive/post freight payments
- Prepare and send any vessel/operational memos on an as-needed basis
- Communicate with customers for their delivery orders and instructions
- Schedule all pick and deliveries of full and empty equipment
- Follow up with trucking company to ensure timely delivery to destinations including local and intermodal
- Assist sales department as needed
Interested? Apply directly now or give us a call at (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070) Questions about this role or others? Email email@example.com for more information.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com.
- 3-5 years of experience in imports department or similar positions
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of customers regulations
- HAZMAT Certified
- Dedicated disposition with a drive to get tasks at hand done
- Must have a flexible schedule with availability to work overtime