Miami (Downtown), FL
Seeking an Event Coordinator for a successful non-profit organization in the Downtown Miami, FL area. This role will be responsible for special events and marketing efforts to promote the programs, events, services and staff of the organization. Direct and interaction with clients is an important component of this position.
Some responsibilities include:
- Coordinates all aspects of special events, including continuing education events and educational programs with industry professionals
- Prepares the event budget including anticipated event revenue and related expenses
- Invitation design, printing,mailing
- Manages RSVP list; makes follow up calls
- Coordinates food/catering
- Coordinates Silent Auction at events
- Coordinates rentals when needed (i.e. linens, serving/clean-up staff, tables, chairs, lighting, etc.)
- Sponsors solicitations
- Prepares name tag for guests during events (when needed)
- Program copy and design under the supervision of the Executive Office
- Coordinates all staff assignments
- Event follow-up correspondence
- Process invoices
- Meets regularly with development staff to gather and share information to efficiently expedite projects
- Provides writing, proofreading, graphic design, photography, production, and coordination for all Program Departments including website
- Assists in designing, writing and editing agency publications and promotional materials including: newsletter, program brochures, event invitations, posters and other communications
Interested? Apply directly now or give us a call at (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070) Questions about this role or others? Email email@example.com
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field.
- Related experience preferred.
- Proficient in use of computers including Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook) and Internet research skills.
- Knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge fundraising software preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written English.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Reliable and prompt in meeting assignment expectations.
- Excellent organizational skills such as planning, prioritizing, organizing workload, etc.
- Skilled gathering data, analyzing information, and preparing reports.
- Ability to assess and effectively deal with problems involving people and concepts in complex and basic situations.
- Ability to function without close, ongoing supervision and dependence on others.
- Current valid Florida driver’s license and/or ability to get to various locations.
- High degree of discretion when dealing with confidential information.