System Security Engineer
Doral, FL | Direct Hire
Fortune 500 company located in Miami is looking for a System Security Engineer.
· Provide leadership and technical expertise with the deployment and maintenance of ’s security solutions to encompass end-point, email and mobile security.
· Provide security expertise and guidance around security issues and recommend solutions to mitigate and eliminate risks to information assets.
· Ensure that controls are in place and managed properly to meet legal and regulatory compliance of all security infrastructures.
· Ensure the development of and adherence to standards and best practices in all areas of security engineering and operations.
· Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Security or related field.
· CISSP, CEH, SANS Security and other industry and vendor specific security certifications highly preferred.
· Minimum 4-5 years of experience with a proven record of successful deployment and management of security solutions at a mid to large-scale enterprise environments.
· Expert knowledge with security concepts and technologies for end-point protection such as anti-malware technologies (i.e. Microsoft, Symantec, TrendMicro and F-Secure), Data Loss Prevention, Encryption, Web Filtering and other security vulnerabilities and risk mitigation strategies.
· Expert knowledge with security concepts and technologies such as Email Security (i.e. Proofpoint, Symantec, MXLogic, Barracuda) and the understanding of the SMTP protocol, TLS and various email encryption technologies.
· Experience with the integration of end-point controls with Security Information and Event Management Systems (SIEM) and log management systems.
· Experience with securing Cloud solutions (i.e. Office360, Azure, Box.com etc.)
· Ability to analyze and communicate strengths and weaknesses of network technology solutions, relative to end-point security, performance and cost.
· Proficient on Identity and Access Management processes, best practices and technologies (i.e. OKTA, RSA IMG, Active Directory, etc.)
· Good understanding of baselines security standards and configurations for end-points and servers to include Windows and Mac systems.
· Experience identifying system critical and single points of failure. Work with other teams and third party vendors to resolve security issues.
· Experience identifying and analyzing emerging and advanced threats (such as APT, OWASP top-20 and others).
· Experience with responding to security incidents and reporting on incident handling and resolution.
· Experience with participating in post-mortem investigation of security incidents and preparation of security incident reports documenting the findings.
· Considerable writing proficiency and visual design skills, oral presentation skills, problem solving and decision-making skills.