Palmetto Bay, FL | Direct Hire
Maintains professional and positive relations with Owner’s representatives and subcontractors. Our client is a long standing, well know company in the commercial construction industry and is now seeking a Superintendent to schedule, coordinate and supervise self-performed and/or subcontractor activities, including all trades.
- Supervises project to ensure it is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule.
- Interfaces with client representatives, subcontractors, and adjacent property owners/projects.
- Coordinates onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and purchasing.)
- Reviews, and approves all subs' requisitions, change requests, etc. as required.
- Assists project management in developing schedules and implementing working documents, standards, etc.
- Assists in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, conflicts, omissions, work interfaces, etc.)
- Provides technical assistance to staff and subs (interpretation of drawings, construction methods, equipment, etc.)
- Assumes responsibility for productivity, efficient use of materials & equipment, and contractual performance.
- Become thoroughly familiar with the plans and specs as well as with the general conditions and contract.
- Provides proper direction and instruction to staff.
- Maintains updated As-Builts.
- Deals with inspectors at all levels.
- Meets with Owner, Architect and/or Engineers to review critical issues.
- Verify all subcontractor scopes prior to contracting.
- Maintains tracking of man counts, payroll and daily reports.
- Conducts weekly subcontractor coordination & schedule meetings and safety (toolbox) meetings.
- Maintains professional and positive relations with Owner’s representatives and subcontractors.
- Ten years (+/-) of supervisory experience and have worked on projects in excess of $10MM.
- Minimum of eight years supervisory experience in similar facility construction technology, methods, equipment, tools and work procedures required.
- Advanced understanding of construction scheduling, cost control
- Ability to control, and supervise large group’s essential.