Brickell, FL | Temp to Full Time
The Quotation Manager Deal Specialist will act as Pre-Sales Engineer being responsible for managing external and internal providers that can contribute with an effective technical solution and competitive costs to build a Proposal for MNC customer. Solutions involve WAN connectivity (mostly MPLS services), P2P, Mobile Services, Corporate Telephony, SIP, M2M, Cloud and others.
The Quotation Manager main responsibilities are:
· Managing vendor relationship at all levels, especially during presales phase.
o Engaging external and internal providers to gather costs in a timely and competitive way.
o Ensuring that the technical requirements of any opportunity are well understood by the providers, and the response and proposals are accurate and arrive on a timely manner.
o Keeping updated relationships with our suppliers (on-net, off-net and collaborative partners) in terms of contact matrix, product and services portfolio, competitive price, etc. Provide feedback on Vendor’s performance in terms of timeframes, pricing, performance.
o Ensure a high level of response in case of escalation and issues during all phases of the relationship: presales, provisioning, and operation of services.
o Identify new providers that could fill in gaps in current coverage for products and services, and price competitiveness.
· Work closely with the Account Team (Sales, Presales, PM, SM) to contribute in building communication solutions for our customers, as the responsible for the B-End Engineering of the solution:
o Assessing the Quotation Request to fully understand the requirements (technical & operational) and decide what suppliers need to be involved / contacted.
o Negotiate special terms and conditions with providers based on the commercial and financial needs.
o Provide aggressive costs on time. Assume risks and make decisions on the selection of providers, technology and topologies.
o Ensures response quality and completeness.
o Provide expert consultation on market pricing, conditions (taxes, regulation, etc.), vendors, products. Assist account team when visiting customers.
· Engagement with other areas of the company to solve issues of complex/non-standard projects, contract negotiation, purchasing, billing, etc.
· Contributes to the improvement of current processes and procedures.
· Strong knowledge and exposure to telecommunication services, especially MPLS, IP, SIP, Voice/IP solutions, Cloud.
· Broad knowledge of the Americas telecommunications market: available solutions per market, players, pricing, regulation.
· Excellent negotiation skills.
· Finance concepts (P&L, Margins, CAPEX, OPEX, others) and analytical skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills in both Spanish and English (Portuguese is a plus).
· Ability to work in multicultural environment.
· Ability to work effectively, self-driven and energetic.
· Experience (5+ years) in Pre-sales engineering/Product Marketing/Carrier Relations for a Telecommunications company.
· Typically requires at least a degree on Engineering, Marketing, Business Administration, or equivalent. MBA is a plus.