Press Brake Operator
Hialeah, FL | Temp to Full Time
Great opportunity for a Press brake operator who will be responsible for manufacturing tools, metal, and other pieces of equipment using a press brake. Press brakes, or brake presses, are "computer numeric controlled" (CNC) machine tools designed to make punches, bends, and cuts into sheet or plate material, particularly sheet metal.
He/she also supports the production team by assembling parts, Produces a variety of parts, all of which must meet the dimensional specifications of the mechanical engineered drawings.
Duties and responsibilities
· Inspect and maintain press brake operation for conformance with safety requirements.
· Maintain and manage machine as well as tolling cleanliness and ensuring that the machine is in good physical shape.
· Run band and forming operations using standard and custom punches.
· Use a CNC controller to input information into the machine.
· Select proper punches and dies based on material thickness and type
· Set up tooling, load programs and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
· Determine if tools are undamaged and in safe condition for use.
· Work in a fast paced environment with fast changing priorities.
· Keep work area clean and organized.
· Follow all company rules and policies.
· Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
· Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
· Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
· Prepare product for shipment.
· Lift raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment, manually up to 60 pounds, or by using hoist.
· Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
· Consistently produce usable product
· Some drawing and reading comprehension skills.
· 2+ years of experience operating and programming a press brake machine required.
· Basic knowledge of AutoCAD preferred.
· Solid background working with sheet metal.
· Ability to distinguish material types including Aluminum, Steel and Stainless Steel, Copper and Brass.
· Ability to read a tape measure and caliper.
· Ability to read blueprints and knowledge of engineered specified tolerances.
· Knowledge – extensive knowledge of CNC press brake.