Miami Gardens, FL | Direct Hire
CAREERXCHANGE® is seeking an Operations Manager to be responsible for all Operational & Logistics job duties as listed below, including all domestic shipping to include bulk order entry & routing, direct management of operations teams, and basic facilities management for a corporation in the Miami Gardens area. The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing all activities directly related to the movement of goods into and out of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the Customer Service, Order Entry & Warehouse Teams.
- Oversee all bulk shipments, including printing product labels, packing slips and specialty labelling for fulfillment and shipping as needed.
- Handle all domestic logistics; act as company liaison with shipping companies and freight forwarders.
- Route shipments through major shipping companies’ portals (Retail-Link, TMS).
- Request freight quotes for LTL shipments and negotiate freight pricing and contracts as required.
- Generate invoices for customers electronically when requested.
- Process cancellations in the system when required.
- Handle all operational requests; handle all remote warehouses and act as liaison for shipments/order fulfillment from Canada, LA or any other remote warehouse locations.
- Act as Company’s operational liaison to customers; notify customers appropriately when inventory low, if there are issues with fulfillment or shipping, or to relay any known operational issues to the customer.
- Update customer portals to ensure orders are closed out once completed.
- Submit tracking numbers to customers.
- Train all incoming Order Processing Specialists & Customer Service Representatives.
- Improve operational systems, processes and best practices that guarantee organizational well- being.
- Implement training guidelines to streamline processes for the Orders & Warehouse teams.
- Oversee the documentation and updates to Customer Service & Order Processing training manuals.
- Serve as the main point of contact when communicating with management regarding operation functions of the company.
- Directly manage the Warehouse Team to ensure timely shipping of all orders processed.
- Responsible for troubleshooting within each appropriate operations department regarding the processing, fulfillment and shipment of orders.
- Point person for all on-site facilities issues and for all facility vendors.
- Conduct weekly meetings with each team to identify issues, answer inquiries and ensure appropriate work flows in place.
- Assist in overseeing the remodeling of current or future facilities.
- Multi-task and prioritize as needed.
- Other tasks from management as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and a minimum of four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as customer & co worker emails, training documents, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before customers and employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both English and Spanish (preferred).
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to interact with multiple departments within the business such as Customer Service, Warehouse and Sales teams.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and CRM software; Inventory software; Order processing software; Spreadsheet software.
- Must have current driver's license.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.