Miami, FL | Direct Hire
Our client is hiring a Mechanical Technician on a permanent basis. The mechanical technician is responsible to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production, laboratory and utility equipment in a reliable and safe state of operation.
The position holder will work closely with a small team of engineers, technicians and scientists and have fundamental knowledge of GMP requirements and Quality Systems. Innovative thinking, cross functional communication and support of other divisions within our rapid growing business are substantial requirements.
Ensuring that preventative maintenance is performed according to manufacturer's requirements and internal Standard Operating Procedures.
· Scheduling maintenance and calibration of lab equipment, production equipment and utilities to ensure reliable operation.
· Planning and coordinating maintenance work orders and resources needed for the execution of work orders.
· Mobilization of contractors and supervision of contractor work performed on premises.
· Maintaining data in the computerized maintenance management system up to date in order to monitor and track equipment maintenance and calibrations.
· Formal documentation and closeout of work orders in accordance to cGMP requirements.
· Education -Associates degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance. A solid proven experience in GMP related maintenance may be accepted in the lieu of a degree.
· Experience- Minimum 5 years of mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance experience preferably in a GMP regulated environment.
· Skills - Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally; Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment; Strong organization and prioritization skills with the ability to handle multiple projects.
· Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
· Computer Proficiency- Standard Microsoft Office applications.