Miami Lakes, FL | Direct Hire
Excellent opportunity for an HR Generalist. This role is responsible for directing and planning daily operations of group benefits programs (health, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, etc.) Investigates new benefit programs, improves existing programs, monitors benefits administration, assist in designing employee plans, provides analytical and technical support in the delivery of the benefit programs.
· Track and communicate with new employees prior to the eligibility period to ensure coverage. Ensure the timely and accurate entry of employee deductions into the HR/Payroll System.
· Administers and assure company compliance with provisions of the Health Care Reform (ACA) initiative and compliance requirements. Supervise preparation of reports and applications, i.e. 1095Cs, 1094, required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service.
· Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators. Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
· Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
· Coordinate daily benefits processing such as: enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, compliance testing, maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and updating payroll records and monthly billings for all group plans
· Perform plan audits. Prepare, collect and organize data for actuarial assessments. Review data in conjunction with actuarial evaluation task forces.
· Review cost estimates/projections and relevant statistical analyses regarding modifications in benefits programs and implementation of new programs.
· Survey industry trends. Complete benefits surveys and review information obtained from the results. Analyze complex benefits information. Forecast trends and assist with future benefits designs. Develop specific recommendations for review by management.
· Provide customer service support to internal and external customers. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package. Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions. Provide training and support to group benefits associates, home office associates and the field staff.
· Administers Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit, all leave of absences (i.e. FMLAs,general/personal) and reports all initial Worker’s Comp claims
· Personal Time Off (PTO)
· Holiday Pay
· Health Benefits
· Dental Care Benefits
· Life Insurance Benefits
· Short & Long Term Disability
· Legal Plan
· Athletic Club Memberships
· Golf Club Memberships
· Restaurant Discounts
· Competitive Compensation
· Employee Recognition and Service Awards Program
· 401(k) plus company match
· Pension Plan
1. HR Expertise
2. Critical Evaluation
4. Relationship Management
5. Ethical Practice
Required Education and Experience
1. Minimum three to five years of experience in the Human Resources field with a concentration in Benefits Administration.
2. Bi-lingual required.
3. A minimum of one (1) year prior experience in payroll and/or HRIS system (ADP preferred).
Preferred Education and Experience
1. PHR or SPHR Certified Professional preferred.
2. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
3. Prior experience in other benefits administration preferred, i.e., 401(k) pension and or retirement plans.
4. Experience in administration of health insurance self-funded plans a plus.
5. Minimum 1 year experience with all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation.
6. Minimum six (6) months experience in administration and compliance with Health Care Reform (ACA).
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including Excel, experience with payroll and benefits databases.
2. Knowledge of benefits contract language.
3. Project and team management/leadership skills and experience. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines. Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
4. Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs. Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgment on the proposals (RFPs).