Director of Finance
Miami, (none selected) | Direct Hire
Manufacturing Company in Doral is hiring a Director of Finance. Manufacturing background is a must for this role. The key to success in this position is to effectively partner with the Business Manager and his/her staff to ensure orders, revenue, profit and working capital goals are consistently met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Hands-on partner with Business Manager and their staff to deliver results.
· Proactively evaluates the results of operations, identifies trends/risks/opportunities and recommends actions to ensure the business unit achieves its commitments.
· Directs preparation of annual budget. Assists in the preparation of the Strategic Plan and leads the month end close and forecast process. Owns the books.
· Completes financial analysis, Discounted Cash Flow, ROI, Make/Buy, Gross Margin and Pricing Proposals for new business opportunities and capital investments.
· Supervises general accounting, AR/AP and government compliance.
· Maintains effective internal controls to ensure protection of assets and an accurate reporting of financial position. Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
· Aggressively drives improvements in Working Capital.
· Demonstrates strong understanding of GAAP and Cost Accounting.
· Ensures revenue recognition compliance
· Monitors accounting policy and procedures ensuring a sound internal control environment in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 and compliance with GAAP.
Direct reports: 4-5 general accounting/cost accounting/AR/AP staff
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance required
· CPA/CMA preferred
· MBA preferred
· 5+ years in a manufacturing environment
· Aerospace and/or MRO experience would be a plus
· 2-3 years at a public accounting firm would be a plus
· Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience a plus.
· Strong background in GAAP, SEC Reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance as well as Manufacturing Finance.