Fort Lauderdale, FL | Direct Hire
Great opportunity for an experienced Courier Supervisor !
Established Ft. Lauderdale company needs a Supervisor for all mail couriers operations for the company. Supervises company’s couriers, sets and assigns routes, making sure that deliveries are on time.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Vehicle Maintenance / Repairs / Various Logs (i.e. Gas / Maintenance / Vehicle Inspection Logs)
- Schedule and Supervise all Drivers and Routes.
- Customer Service (Proactive) calls, and regular visits to new and existing customers for feedback.
- Review and relay job requirements with Drivers.
- Maintain good attitude and attendance; work well with and assist others; consistently be cooperative, proactive and quick to volunteer; think quickly and use good judgment.
- Coordinate routes for couriers
- Check mail per procedures
- Enter customer count sheet data into Accounting System
- Maintain contact on a daily basis with outside courier company, and company’s drivers at all times to insure drivers are dispatched on time for routes
- Responsible for routing metered mail and unmetered mail to the correct departments and staging areas.
- Verify and approve all courier bills.
- Verify and approve company gas card purchases and toll card usage
- Keep current all company vehicle information including: tags, registration, insurance.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must know Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties.
- Know and understand the Receiving and Routing procedures.
- Know and understand USPS Postal rules and regulations as stated in the DMM (Domestic Mail Manual).
- Know how to safely operated the forklift.
- Know and understand company attendance policy, break policy. and work rules.
- Must have experience as a courier or supervisor.