New Haven, CT | Direct Hire
Company in the construction industry is looking for a Controller.
Financial Statements and Information:
· Maintain financial statement information as necessary to produce monthly internal financial statements and quarterly financial statements for external use. Including but not limited to Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement.
· Manage and implement a monthly closing process so that financial statements will be prepared accurately and timely by the 20th day of each month.
· Manage monthly requisition process to insure timely submission to Owner and processing through Viewpoint System.
o Review requisitions, confirm and reconcile that all reimbursable items are included correctly.
· Prepare annual budgets including job profit projections.
· Prepare monthly work on hand schedule.
· Review Accounts Receivable monthly and alert Senior Management on any collection issues.
· Manage cash flow and cash requirements.
Job Costing and Analysis:
· Following contract award or GMP review project budget with Project Manager, Purchasing and Estimating and manage entry into Viewpoint system.
o Verify and understand details of phase codes that are established including general requirements, reimbursables, allowances and contingencies. These items should be monitored on a monthly basis and reconciled to owner billings.
· Review and work with Project Managers on job cost projections on a monthly basis.
o Have a complete understanding of the job cost module and how other modules interrelate, i.e. owner change orders, subcontractor change orders, etc.
· Maintain and complete work in progress schedules on a monthly basis.
· Review and analyze Joint Venture reporting. Including verifying charges from Joint Venture partners insuring that they apply per Joint Venture agreements and budgets.
o Record joint venture transactions on a monthly basis according to joint venture agreements and GAAP.
· Manage Accounting Staff, including Payroll, to ensure efficient operations and procedures.
o Monitor and manage accounts payable and payroll federal and state reporting requirements.
· Assist with new work proposals including budgets, job information, financial forms, etc.
· Assist with annual prequalification renewals.
· Manage and update monthly investment portfolio.
· Maintain and prepare retirement benefit reporting requirements on a timely basis.
· Manage Insurance renewals and requirements.
· Assist CFO with special projects as they arise.
· Implement and perfect all Financial Statement and Job Cost reporting on the Viewpoint System.
· Gain knowledge of Project Management Modules and look for ways to improve efficiencies and financial reporting.
· Maintain a positive attitude and foster same within the accounting department.
· Bachelor degree and experience in a Controllership role
· Previous experience managing a team
· A positive attitude
· Industry experience preferred but not necessary