Miami (Kendall), FL | Temporary/ Hourly
Great opportunity for a Claims Specialist in the Kendall area to provide billing and/or claims management support. Responsibilities include:
· Complying with payer filing deadlines by utilizing all available resources to resolve held claims.
· Assuring all known regulatory, contractual, compliance, and BHSF guidelines are adhered to with regards to claim billing processes.
· Communicate with various teams within the organization.
· Utilizes coding compliance and understanding of ICD-9, CPT-4 and associated modifiers to successfully resolve claims management issues.
· Utilize hospital-based applications/databases to verify/review patient registration or work all general levels of assigned tasks to ensure accuracy, support claims processing and meet productivity standards.
· Review claim data and supporting documentation submitted for billing to ensure appropriate coding and billing.
· High School Certificate or GED
· Certified: CCA, CCS, CCS-P Coder
· 3-5 years claims experience
· Experience working with surgical/primary claim denial management and collections.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel