About Our Client:
We are seeking a Backup Engineer for our client, a Global 100 telecommunications provider who manages integrated fixed, mobile and IT services to some of the world’s top multinational organizations who also provides global telecommunication services for fixed and mobile carriers, ISPs and content providers.
This organization offers integrated and competitive portfolio for carriers and corporations that includes international voice, IP, bandwidth capacity, satellite services, mobility and global solutions.
Some Responsibilities Include:
- Professional interaction with internal/external customers (via phone, email or other messaging tools).
- Maintain backup server infrastructure, test and promote changes for development, test and production environments.
- Ownership for creating, updating and closing customer requests and trouble tickets for client, engineering and vendor inquiries; resolve support issues where feasible and escalate when necessary.
- Partner with engineering and external applications staff to develop and lead troubleshooting methods for all backup technologies.
- Follow all processes and procedures, while acting on behalf of customers and in the best interest of the company. Must be a self-motivator and fast learner.
- Monitor environments and react to any and all significant alerts, incidents or outages within required time frames and/or contracted service levels.
- Maintain backup environments for multiple customers and internal systems.
- Required for on-call duty or after hours support as needed by the company for emergency and non-emergency conditions when requested by management.
- At least 2 years work experience in a technical department (organization), providing technical support requiring daily or frequent interaction with internal and/or external users or customers.
- Certification in backup system administration are major plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
Technology Skills Required:
- Extensive, hands-on experience in Legato Networker and DataProtector technologies.
- Experienced in StorageTek tape library platforms. Knowledge of Virtual Tape Library technologies.
- Requires experience in Unix Systems Administration, Excellent skills regarding fast DR techniques, on the Knowledge of NFS, Sun or Veritas cluster support, writing scripts with (Tk, Pearl, Shell).
- Extensive experience UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX and linux). Unix Certifications highly desirable, windows knowledge related to backup is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS technologies.
- Experienced with TCP/IP network analysis and troubleshooting as it applies to Linux/Solaris//HP-UX/Windows environments. Strong shell scripting/PERL skills.
- Experienced at design, build out, deployment, testing and capacity planning of backup systems infrastructure.
Interested? Apply directly now or give us a call today (Dade: 305-595-3800 / Broward: 954-437-0070). Questions? Email email@example.com for more information on this position and others.
*CAREERXCHANGE® is an equal opportunity employer. We will present the most qualified candidates to our clients based on the skills required to perform the job. For additional opportunities please visit www.careerxchange.com.